I am learning to DO RECIPROCAL READING
Why learning through reciprocal reading?
- It encourages students to think about their own thought process during reading.
- It helps students learn to be actively involved and monitor their comprehension as they read.
- It teaches students to ask questions during reading and helps make the text more comprehensible.
Here is my assessment:
- I share my predictions about what the text will be about
- I work together with my group to clarify words
- Together with my group I ask and answer questions
- I can summarise the article or part of an article
- I participate fully, contributing my valuable thinking
My comment:I need to work on questioning and predicting.
Remember to take your time when reading and only put your book down when you are ready to contribute (for example, you have a question in your head to share) . I think you are pretty awesome at predicting Lydia. We will look at the different levels of questions we can ask and answer. I hope you are enjoying doing Reciprocal Reading Lydia.