#24 - For Azeroth!: “No Donut Left Behind”
• Garrett • Jocelyn
Sponsors: Embrace the Spoilers Kickstarter!
Go to bit.ly/embracethespoilers to back the next season of Embrace the Spoilers!
Intro: Welcome to For Azeroth!
What We’re Up To
Mounts, mounts, mounts!
I found Jurassic Park and got my Long Forgotten Hippogryph!!!! Also spent some time grinding Golden Lotus and Mag’har rep to get mounts.
Magic and Mystery - The Mage Order Hall Campaign
The Council of Six is down to five, but why? No, it’s not Jaina who is missing…
The Forge of the Guardian
- Meryl Felstorm, a now undead mage who was so powerful in life that he was able to bring himself back from the dead, asks for the aid of a mage hero after Dalaran is teleported to the Broken Isles
- When Meryl was alive, an attack from the dreadlord Kathra’natir caused the Council of Tirisfal to pool their power into one being, creating the first Guardian to defend Azeroth, Adoli who banished Kathra’natir to the Twisting Nether
- Through events unknown, Kathra’natir made his way back to Azeroth and Meryl attempted to banish the demon once and for all, but he escaped and possessed Meryl.
- Meryl is sure that Kathra’natir learned all his secrets, including the existence and whereabouts of the Forge of the Guardian, the relic used by the council to infuse the Guardian with their powers.
- The council hid the relic in Violet Hold, the most secure place in Dalaran, a place they hoped few would think to look, in order to keep it from the Legion
- Meryl and the champion arrive at Violet Hold too late; Kathra’natir is already inside, using rifts to siphon away the power of the Forge
- Meryl distracts the dreadlord as the champion is infused with Alodi’s power through the Forge in order to banish the demon
- With the demon gone, Alodi manifests himself and warns Meryl that Kathra’natir’s defeat is only temporary, and that he will return to seek the forge again
The Hall of the Guardian
- The Forge can not remain in the Violet Hold, so Meryl, Alodi, and the champion teleport the Forge to the Hall of the Guardian, which has sat unused since the disbanding of the Council of Tirisfal
- The Council of Tirisfal is was a separate entity from the Kirin Tor and the Council of Six, made up of human, gnome, and high elf mages charged with the selection and empowerment of the Guardian
- It was formed by the high elves in order to safeguard Azeroth from the demonic threat of the Legion, something that their Highborne ancestors had failed to do
- Medivh killed many members of the Council of Tirisfal during the First War, eventually destroying the Order in an attempt to end the line of Guardians
- The hall has fallen into disrepair, but the wards protecting it are still strong, so it will serve as the perfect hiding place for the Forge
- Meryl decides to reform the Tirisgarde to protect the Hall and the Forge. The Tirisgarde were powerful champions of the Council of Tirisfal in the past, who did battle and protected Dalaran in the Guardian’s absence. They even tracked down the Guardian Aegwynn when she went rogue
- The Forge of the Guardian is repurposed to empower ancient weapons unearthed by the Tirisgarde
- Meryl summons some of the most powerful mages of Azeroth, including members of the Council of Six, to the Hall with the help of the portal creating golbin Akazamzarak and explains the threat posed by Kathra’natir
- At this time, Meryl passes leadership of the reformed Tirisgarde to the mage champion, as he is no leader nor strategist and dubs them the Conjuror of the Tirisgarde
The Empyrean Society
- Something seems to be wrong with Archmage Vargoth, but many think it’s his years of service catching up with him
- Vargoth was part of the Alliance expedition through the Dark Portal, and was stranded in Outland when Draenor exploded.
- After he was rescued and returned to Dalaran during the Burning Crusade, he aided adventurers throughout the Cataclysm and during the return to Draenor
- He is now a member of the Kirin Tor Council of Six
- Vargoth tells the Conjurer about artifacts and secrets of the Highborne hidden on the Broken Isles that would be better in our hands than the Legion’s, but quickly teleports away without offering aid
- The strongest magic seems to be emanating from the Empyrean Enclave in Azsuna. Vargoth’s apprentice Ravandwyr is sent to get Meryl to help investigate, but Meryl has fallen strangely ill
- The Empyrean Society is a cult that studies all magic, regardless of its source or its power. That basically means they focus on types of magic that are forbidden
- The Conjurer, alongside another potential Tirisgarde member Esara Verrinde (a Blood Elf Magister, one of the three ruling factions in Quel’thalas, Blood Knights and Farstriders being the other two), pose as new recruits to the Empyrean Society
- Investigating the Society reveals the use of fel magic, and gives away the Conjurer’s intentions. The two are attacked, but are able to confiscate some of the fel inscribed tomes as well as rescue Vargoth’s apprentice Ravandwyr
- After defeating the Society’s leader, the Conjurer discovers a fel-sealed missive from Archmage Vargoth himself, indicating he is deeply involved with both the cult and with fel magic
The Nightborne Soulstone
- Meryl has declined rapidly since the Conjurer left the Hall of the Guardian, so Archmage Khadgar has been summoned to help. Khadgar reveals that the illness is magical
- Khadgar is upset by Meryl’s illness and is concerned about Vargoth’s involvement with fel magic but since he has served the Kirin Tor so well in the past, Khadgar is willing to give him the benefit of the doubt but wants to inform the Council of the Six
- The Council finds it hard to believe, but Kalec stands behind the accusations of the Conjurer, so the Council agrees to investigate his living quarters
- Kalec and the Conjurer discover that the Archmage has not been back to his living quarters in a long time, and has notes on a very powerful Nightborne soulstone
- The champions of the Tirisgarde investigate Vargoth’s travels, and find him entering the Arcway vault in Suramar
- The Conjurer follows Vargoth into the Arcway, and discovers a captured Millhouse Manastorm inside, who has also been seeking the Nightborne Soulstone
- The Soulstone is gone, but Millhouse and the Conjurer are able to catch up with Archmage Vargoth in the catacombs. He freezes them in place, and summons the demon Lady Kyranith to deal with them, confirming his corruption at the hands of the Legion
- Kalec returns to speak to the Council, while Millhouse and the Conjurer return to the Hall of the Guardian
The Fate of Meryl Felstorm and Archmage Vargoth
- Meryl’s condition has worsened, and proves to be of fel origin, perhaps the work of Kathra’natir
- The Conjurer brings Meryl a flask of water from the Wrath of Azshara, giving Meryl enough arcane energy to fight off the fel
- While he rests, the Conjurer must follow Archmage Vargoth to the Oculus, which has been taken by the Legion
- The assault on the Oculus begins, and the Conjurer finds Archmage Vargoth imprisoned in the center of the Oculus by three demon Fel Mages
- Vargoth did not willing betray the Kirin Tor. He was contacted by the Empyrean Society while looking into the Nightborne Soulstone
- When he arrived at the Enclave, Kathra’natir was waiting, and took over his body
- Kathra’natir has been using the power of the Nexus and the Nightborne Soulstone to attack Meryl from afar and drain him of his power
- Archmage Vargoth and the Conjurer confront Kathra’natir, but do not fight alone. The Council of the Six arrives to help fight him while the Conjurer uses the Nightborne Soulstone to imprison Kathra’natir for good
- The Nightborne Soulstone is taken to the Hall of the Guardian for safe keeping, Vargoth’s name is cleared, Meryl is cured of his magical illness, and the Conjurer is given the title of Archmage for their service to the Kirin Tor
You can send your emails to FAZpodcast@gmail.com
Hey there G & J,
I was hoping to ask a question. I am sure there are a lot of Vol'jin theories out there. How do you feel about Vol’jin dying but not before conspiring with Sylvanas to get the lantern from the Valkyr and the power to Rez him. She would Rez him from the Shadowlands, while he is convening with the Loa to find out about N’zoth. What if while Sylvanas was in the northern parts of Eastern Kingdom she found something. So looking at her role similarly to the misinterpretation of what Illidan was doing in Burning Crusade. We think she is up to no good but she is actually trying to preserve and protect, - herself mostly but may have other motives.
So post Argus bridge to new expansion, we come back to a darkness spreading and Sylvanas and the loyalist are working with the Valkyr to transform everyone else (humans, elves etc) into shadowy spirits that can cross over into the void/shadows to fight the Last old God. I maybe off royally and haven't done a lot of digging to support anything I've said but just a curious thought and was wondering your take. Thanks again for your time.
Take the reins y'all!
Subscribe to For Azeroth! on iTunes and on Youtube.com/Amovetv.
Catch the live show Monday mornings at 12pm Eastern on Twitch.tv/amovetv. Catch the live show from virtually any device thanks to AlphaGeekMedia.com.
Joce where can you be found?
Follow Jocelyn @JocePlays
The Gamers’ Inn
Follow Garrett @GarrettArt
NOMOONart.com for Garrett’s stream designs.
Into the Nexus: The Heroes of the Storm Podcast!
The Angry Nerd: Amove.tv/angrynerd