Recovering an IOD or OPPI from a Capsize DO NOT LEAVE YOUR BOAT!!
1. Make certain that the dagger board is all the way down.
2. If it's really windy, make certain your boat is headed into the wind before trying to right it.
3. Put your weight near the end of the board to right the boat.
4. After the boat is up, collect all your loose stuff (which should have been tied in) and put it in the boat. DO NOT LEAVE YOUR BOAT!!
5. Start bailing.
6. When the water level is down to the point where you can get back in the boat, do so.
7. It may be easier and safer to get in over the back of the boat.
8. Bail and sail. This may work for a pram – try it.