(Originally published 2/8/14. Updated 6/18/14)
Choosing good keywords for your artist wanted listing helps artists find your listing and determine if it is appropriate for them to apply. Put yourself in the artist’s shoes, what would they type into a search engine in order to find your listing?
Keywords are publicly visible and help SideArts members and other internet users find your listing.
Keywords for SideArts’ artists wanted listings fall into three categories:
- Type of medium: painting, photography, sculpture, multimedia, installation
- Description of artwork: 2D, abstract, surreal, modern
- Theme: blue, halloween, bones, surf, future
Do’s and Don’ts:
- Limit each listing to the five most important keywords and use all five
- Don’t use your organization’s/company’s name (the listing is about the opportunity, not about your company)
- Don’t use the same words that appear in your listing’s title.
- Don’t use variations of the same word. For example: art, artwork, artist, fine art (search engines can filter variations of words)
- Don’t use subjective adjectives: great, fun, affordable, value (what is affordable to you may not be affordable to others)