10, Via Poggio dei Pini
00061, Anguillara S. (Rome)
Born in Rome, on Nov-27-1985
Tel: +39 366 22 99 500
GNU/Linux System Administrator, Debian enthusiast, I like to be always in touch with new technologies and experiment on new automation technologies.
In the meantime I grow activities such music playing and non-profit work.
Sr. System Administrator, Immobiliare.it
Rome, IT — 2016 - Present
Immobiliare.it is the largest Italian real estate website network, a startup incubator and one of the biggest and technologically advanced websites in the area (more than 23M/month visits) with a deep interest in bleeding edge technologies and Open Source.
Main tasks in the operations team consists in building and keeping the multi-tenancy infrastructure healthy from the application, network and database point of view, often planning and implementing new architectures or creating tailored tools to help the development/operations workflows.
I’m also the main connection between the operations team and the software development team leaders.
- Configuration management setup: setup the configuration management and orchestration from scratch on more than 1k servers (both virtual and physical) with SaltStack. Codebase creation and maintenance, custom modules and integrations, workflow management for process automation. Automatic container images generation for CI/CD, zero-effort integrations for backup and monitoring..
- New Rome DC setup: new datacenter requires infrastructural planning for setup, installation and services migration (networking/storage/security/high availability). Large OpenStack cluster installation and setup (multi-tenancy) for internal use and business partners.
- HTTP2: planning and migrating existing POS to HTTP2 with minimal downtime. New software stack benchmarking and choosing to be able to serve web pages with nearly-same HTTP performances.
- New LuxuryEstate US POS: planning and setup of new US POS for one of the biggest luxury real estate portal. The infrastructure has been redesigned and optimized to leverage the physical to cloud advantages. Geographical sync and replication of main services.
Sr. System Administrator, Trust Italia Spa
Rome, IT — 2015 - 2016
Main tasks consists in upgrading, securing and automating the whole server infrastructure (Debian, RedHat), including PBXes and network appliances.
Trust Italia Spa is the biggest italian MPKI provider and one of the most important Symantec partner in EMEA area focusing on certificate management, provisioning and custom software development for customers with unique needing.
As sole System Administrator other activities includes daily system maintenance, projects management and software development for internal use.
System Administrator, Venere Net Srl (Expedia INC)
Rome, IT — 2008 - 2015
Setup and install of Ubuntu/Debian/RedHat servers, planning and implementation of development, staging and production environments.
Provisioning and automation procedures with customization and tailoring for unique-setup in order to comply with the software development model (SCRUM).
Clustered systems (HA) installation and configuration for web-oriented infrastructure (Apache, PHP, Tomcat). Performance optimization for both virtual and physical machines.
Planning and setup of mail services, name servers, directory services and software development assistance
Setup of Open Source software (Nagios, Zabbix...) to monitor hundred of servers and applications. High availability alarm and report system for daily and on-call activities. Interactive real time graphs creation and automation for main applications software. Performance and scalability optimization.
- Configuration management & Provisioning
Kickstart and Debian preseed usage for server provisioning. Extreme time cut for installation and configuration, using also virtualized environment (VMWare ESXi, VMWare vSphere, AWS). Initial planning and development of large provisioning systems with Puppet/fabric.
Technical columnist and reviewer, Programmazione.it
Rome, IT — 2006-2010
Technical post/stories writing on various IT topics for Programmazione.it (lead italian web portal). More than 100 articles and technical (IT/Programming) book reviewer for major publishing houses.
Network/System Administrator, Freelance
Rome, IT — 2005-2008
Network and system administrator for small/medium companies. GNU/Linux (Debian/Ubuntu) server installation and open source software configuration (mail services, DNS, web servers, …)
Windows workstation installation and configuration.
High School: “I. Vian”
Bracciano, Rome (IT)
High school leaving qualification in classical and ancient studies — 2004
GNU/Linux System Administration
- HashiCorp suite
Setup, module development, custom formula creations, custom integrations with other software.
- HA cluster
HeartBeat, Pacemaker, Corosync, LVS (Keepalived)
- Cloud services management
ELB/EIP/EC2 instances basic setup/usage. SaltStack automation, HAProxy
Installation, management, master-slave and master-master replica. Small optimization and tuning.
- Scripting and programming
Python, Golang, Bash, Puppet, Ansible and SaltStack modules
- Development environment setup
TEAM AND PERSONAL SKILLS
Good project development skills (planning, presentation). Good team management skills (especially in IT contexts) learned in business and non-profit work (LUG, ArcheOS, …).
Very good team working skills with inclination towards teaching, very good reporting abilities.
Very good musical skills.
ArcheOS is an international project that includes, among the others, a GNU/Linux distribution aimed for archaeologists.
My role in this project begun in 2009 as collaborator and since 2010 I’m in charge for the technical point of view.
- Distribution building and customization using Debian live-build and other software
- Debian packaging
- Architectural decisions
- Continuous integration for in-house development and package testing
- APT repositories creation and maintenance
- Website maintenance
- Dev environments and code repository management
- Communication with users and upstream maintainers
- Development coordinator
- Server administration
SabaziaLUG founding partner
Classical double bass learning (solo and orchestra).
Commitment in amateur and professional orchestras also in management roles.
Interested in: field-recording, acoustic ecology
LISTENING: B2, READING: C1
- Oral skills
SPOKEN INTERACTION: B2, SPOKEN PRODUCTION: C1
- Writing: C1
Level intermediate 1
Issued from "The new British Centre", June 2009
European type “A” and ‘B”
Available on requests