NIRCA REGIONAL COORDINATOR
If you're an active or former NIRCA club member and want to get more involved with NIRCA this Fall, we want you on our Race Management team!
NIRCA is seeking Race Coordinators in ALL regions!
Founded in 2006 by a group of club leaders, NIRCA is a non-profit organization that is the governing body for collegiate running clubs. The mission of NIRCA is to promote club running for students at the collegiate level. By serving as the governing body for running clubs, we provide competition, support, and networking opportunities for our member clubs.
Coordinate all logistics of the Cross Country Regional meet to maintain or improve quality of NIRCA events.
- It is strongly preferred that the candidates resides within the region.
- Regional Coordinators (RCs) must travel to the location of the Fall Regional meet on the last weekend or second-to-last weekend of October (date varies by course selection/availability)
Compensation & Opportunity:
- Unpaid -- all NIRCA Execs and staffers are volunteers. Bonuses will be paid out in high-fives.
- No out of pocket expense: All travel, lodging, and meal expenses related to attendance at the Regional meet will be covered by NIRCA.
- The RC commitment concludes on October 31st.
- Potential for two-year commitment, dependent on need and skill set.
Regional Coordinators will be accountable for the following, and mentored by a NIRCA board member with experience in the region:
- Lead race operations before, during, after Regionals event
Includes: Date & course selection, contracting, medical, insurance, bathrooms, course prep, timing
- Answer club leader questions related to the meet & escalate all other questions to appropriate NIRCA contact
- Manage & track event budget/submit expenses
- Coordinate NIRCA staffing at the event
- Execute risk management activities leading to and at the event
- Work with local club (if exists/available) & NIRCA Board
- Publish event info on NIRCA website
Commitment & NIRCA Eligibility:
- Target start date: March 1st. Hit the ground running.
- Travel: Attend Regional meet.
- Time: ~1 hr/week, peak 2 hrs/week in September and October
- Mostly email-based, plus 2 conference calls/month
- New RCs will be mentored by an experienced NIRCA staffer to ensure adherence to planning schedule, requiring additional contact or time for check-ins
- NIRCA Eligibility:
In order to ensure smooth race day operations, current club members who are RCs may not compete at Regionals. Service provided in coordinating Regionals will satisfy NIRCA eligibility requirements to race at Nationals.
The ideal candidate is:
- VERY accessible by email or phone/text --- RESPONSIVE
- Able to take initiative & work with limited direction
- Diplomatic and communicates clearly & professionally
- Organized: Able to manage checklists, create to-do lists, and pays attention to detail
- Tech-savvy & comfortable using the new clubrunning.org and social media
- Event management (race directing) experience is a plus, but not required
How to Apply
Fill out the Regional Coordinator application form here. After providing some basic info, be ready to upload your resume & cover letter.
Application deadline: Rolling. Apply anytime - we can’t wait to work with you!