SLOKC General Meeting Minutes
Open Meeting: 7:04pm at Round Table Pizza in Atascadero, CA by Carrie
Introductions & members in attendance: (Attendance Sheet)
Robin Blackburn, Mary Brown, Monica Firchow, Cindy Fleenor, Doug Fleenor, Janell Fleenor, Carrie Muir, Jennifer Nowell, Shari Ziegenbein, Anita Forde, guest Jennifer Tighe
- Review and approve 4/19/17 minutes. Shari moved to accept, Mary seconded. Passed
- No report, Karyn not in attendance
- It is the understanding of members present that no checks have been deposited this year.
Next Show Business: May 13-14, 2017
- We should think about having the ASCA event next year as well
- Finalized. Removed select ribbons
- All good. Anita will handle @ show setup, but will not be able to attend.
- Luke DogWalker
- Woods Humane Society
- Lula Roe
- Coin Purses (leather goods)
- Crazy Heart
- Food vendor - There will be no food vendor on our side of the fairgrounds. Attendees will have to go to the horse show side for a food vendor.
- Wine and cheese table update
- Wine donations are rolling in. We will have a great selection this year. Will also have many snacks available for everyone at the table, to try and make up for the lack of food vendors.
- Show food REQUEST: Everyone bring a 12 pk of your favorite soda on Saturday, to have available to judges. Pick up and take home any extras Sunday afternoon
- Juniors Scholarship update
- Monica: Haven’t heard from AKC regarding how to award/pay out the scholarship, so we will open a savings account for the winner.
- Lorraine will be stewarding for free
- Judge travel update
- Myers: Karyn picking up Weds, Mary dropping off Monday, and to Sands on Sunday
- Aldermann: Monica picking up Friday, Monica dropping off Sunday
- The Kroghs: Monica picking up Friday, Mary dropping off Monday and to Sands Sunday
- Adelaide hotel transport info
- Saturday transport from hotel to show at 7:15am: Jennifer and Carrie
- From show to hotel: Monica
- Sunday transport from hotel to show: Monica
- So that Aldermann’s luggage will already be in her car
- Shawn and Amy Sue will assist in catalog sales
- Monica will print a signup sheet to have at the table, so people can sign up for sales slots
- Ron Matheson is in charge
- Friday setup - people will begin arriving to help set up at 9am
- Cindy requests gold trimmed certificates to thank the wineries who donated to the show
- Shari moved to get paper, Janell seconded, passed
- Cindy will buy certificates and be reimbursed by club
- SAVE THE SHOW!
- Discussion regarding next shows, and our less-than-stellar numbers this year.
- Will need to either go in with another club or get specialties
- Confirm barn hunt NOW for next year, and all future shows
- Need to decide:
- Get rid of storage, only have the kids Sat/Sun for $500, have Bradshaw setup and tear down
- Buy permanent storage box, put on member’s property
- Advertising - Monica got us a spot on KPRL on 5/9 from 1:40 - 2pm. Requests someone else assist her in the talking portion. Monica and Karyn will do the radio spot.
Next Meeting: June 28 at 6pm - Club BBQ
Close Meeting: 8:20pm by Carrie
Minute Taker: Secretary Janell Fleenor