Cedar (Lg Schoolroom)
HP LaserJet P2055dn
Lemur - Macintosh
Leopard (MacOS 10.5) and earlier
- Go to schoolserver public files, software, drivers, printers, hp (lemur)
- Open "MacOS 10.5 Leopard LaserJet_P2055.dmg"
- Install the hplj P2055 mpkg
- When the driver installation done, continue on with the Snow Leopard directions.
Snow Leopard (MacOS 10.6)
- Go to Print & Fax in System Preferences
- Click the + sign under the Printers list (unlock the padlock first if necessary)
- In the Default section of the Add Printer wizard, you should see lemur listed. Select it.
- Wait for the 'Print Using' menu to read HP LaserJet P2055.
- Click Add, then Continue
- You're done.
Lemur - Windows (all versions)
- As a user with administrative (install) privileges, go to y:\software\drivers\printers\hp (lemur)
- Open the Windows driver folder you find there.
- Double-click "setup lemur"
- Wait a while. When the installer window goes away, you should be done.
Tab Office black and white
School Office black and white
School Office color
Each printer must be installed separately.
Pelican, Zebra or Chameleon - Windows
- Navigate to "\\schoolserver\public\software\drivers\printers".
- Select the proper folder for the printer that you want to install.
- Open the proper folder, 64-bit or 32-bit) for you version of windows. (If you are unsure, consider the following:)
- Windows 8: 64 bit
- Windows 7: Likely 64 bit
- Vista: Either
- Xp: 32 bit
- To verify, go to your Desktop screen or start menu, right-click on “my computer” and select “properties.” Under the “system” section, your version of windows should be listed across from “system type” bullet). You can follow the instructions at this link to find out: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/827218
- For Pelican open the folder “MXMAR-PS-0902a...” unless otherwise directed or inclined and Right click on Setup.exe
- For Zebra or Chameleon Right click the “WHQL_PCL6…” application unless you have a specific reason to choose other options.
- After right clicking, Select “run as administrator” and if necessary, enter administrator account credentials.
- Continue through installation, accepting the defaults.
- If you are at the school buildings, choose standard installation to have the driver search for the printers automatically.
- Choose desired printer from the resulting list.
- If you aren’t at the school buildings, install it using the address chameleon.wsfnet.local or pelican.wsfnet.local or zebra.wsfnet.local
- Continue on through the installation.
- After installation is complete, follow the instructions for Auto Configuration:
- Open the printer property window from the printer folder in the control panel.
- Open the Configuration tab and click "Auto Configuration" button.
Pelican, Zebra or Chameleon - Mac OS
- Navigate to "\\schoolserver\public\software\drivers\printers" and choose the desired printer.
- Choose the Mac folder
- Run the appropriate DMG for your OS. [Note:There is no installer for Pelican with 10.9(Maverics) but the generic driver that comes with your operating system should work for basic printing functions.]
- Open & install the appropriate package for your operating system version
- When installation of your packages is complete, go to System Preferences.
- In the Print & Fax section, click the plus sign to add a printer.
- In the Default pane, you should see the printer listed as Bonjour printers.
- Select the desired printer and and Add it.
- The installer for the Chameleon and Zebra are the same. If you have installed one using these instruction then just start at step 7 in order to install the second one.
- We have had trouble printing outside the local subnet (from the TTP, for instance) using IPP; LPD had no trouble.
Note: If the desired printer is not showing in the list of Bonjour Printers you should also be able to connect to the printers with their complete network names
- Navigate to System Preferences -> Print & Fax (or Print & Scan)
- Click the plus sign under the list of printers and “add other printer…”
- Choose the IP option from the top menu
- In the address bar type “<the name of your printer>. wsfnet.local” ie. “pelican.wsfnet.local”
- Accept the Name, Location, and Print Using defaults and Add the printer
- If warned about network verification concerns etc., select continue.
- Navigate to System Preferences -> Print & Fax
- Click the plus sign under the list of printers
- Choose orca (Bonjour, not Bonjour Shared) from the list
- Click the Add button