One Classy Dish Recipe
ORZO RICE PILAF
1. Melt butter in pot over medium-low heat.
2. Stir in dry orzo and cook until it starts to brown.
3. Stir in the rice & chicken broth. Increase heat to high and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low, cover, and simmer until the rice is tender, & the liquid has been absorbed, about 20 minutes.
4. Remove from heat and let stand for 5 minutes, then fluff lightly with a fork.
5. Top with fresh parsley or basil & serve hot.
This side can be served with almost anything, it is great with chicken, red meats, or fish. It is best served when hot & ready. You can add some onion or minced garlic for more flavor, or some red pepper flakes for some heat.