Sign in support of a Mother’s room in Ross/Traylor/MRB complex:
If you are a mother who previously could have or may in the future benefit from a designated Mother’s Room in the Ross/Traylor/MRB complex, Please consider signing in support of the letter below. If you are willing to be counted, respond to Kelly by e-mail (email@example.com) with the information here
Increase your on-campus visibility
Are you publishing a paper? Let Marketing and Communications know by sending your manuscript, journal, and anticipated publication date to JHMedia@jhmi.edu.
Career Development Toolkit
for Postdoctoral Researchers
The toolkit, aimed at postdoc and hosted by jobs.ac.uk, offers general starting points for reflecting on careers and formulating an ongoing career strategy. Download the career toolkit here.
Postdoc of the Month Awards
The Journal of Postdoctoral Research has Postdoc of the Month awards. More information here.
Great, inexpensive photography
The Department of Pathology, JHMI offers excellent photography services. More information here.
JHPDA Postdoc Blog
Tell Your Stories: Submit a post
Postdoc Business Cards
[Includes instructions for postdocs in the Schools of Medicine and Public Health, and postdocs at Homewood.]
BusyGrad: housing, reviews, buy/sell items
[BusyGrad is not affiliated with Hopkins]
Argonne Postdoc Blog
[not affiliated with Hopkins]
Free networking website that enables researchers to identify and connect with thousands of potential collaborators worldwide.
Complimentary career advice ebooks
The Global Academic Careers Guide
Career Development Toolkit 4 Researchers
Research Publications Planner
Co-authoring - Getting Started
IN BRIEF: JHPDA Research Presentation Club, Wed. Nov 11
“Making Your Talk Crystal Clear”
Giving a talk at a meeting? Unsure how to make it crystal clear in a limited time? Learn how to deliver a talk effectively from our pearl speaker Dr. Cynthia Wolberger, and join our peer review, peer feedback group at research and presentation club!
Pizza and light refreshments will be provided!
When: Wednesday, Nov 11, 12:00 - 1:00 pm
Where: Preclinical Teaching Building, G18/19
Questions? Contact Jineta or Xiang
Upcoming JHPDA Events
Sign up to play intramural sports with fellow postdocs
The Johns Hopkins Postdoctoral Association invites you to play basketball (Tuesday nights) or dodgeball (Wednesday nights) at the Cooley Center with your fellow postdocs this winter season!
The season will be approximately 8 weeks long.
Games are 1 hour in duration, starting at 6:30, 7:30, or 8:30pm. Two female players are required on court at all times.
Basketball season begins December 1st.
Dodgeball season begins December 2nd.
Cost: $200 team fee (dodge ball) or $330 (basketball) to be split amongst all team members.
All players must be Cooley Center members -OR-
purchase a short term membership for $50.
Sign up here by Tuesday, November 17.
Questions? Email Justin.
Shuttle Social at City Cafe, Thu., Nov 19
JHPDA invites you to a Shuttle Social at City Cafe in the Mount Vernon! Just look for the balloon.
When: Thursday, Nov 19, 6:00 - 8:00 pm
Where: 1001 Cathedral St, Baltimore
Transportation: JHMI-Homewood Shuttle and get off at the Monument Stop.
Questions? Email firstname.lastname@example.org
Professional Development Opportunities
Professional Development Office
Click here to see the full calendar of PDO events.
Click here to make an appointment with the PDO.
Johns Hopkins Technology Ventures- Commercialization Academy
Want to transition from academia? Training Employment Opportunities
Details of how to apply are HERE
Career and internship info session with representatives from Genentech: Monday, Nov 9th, Homewood Campus (Clark 113) 12-1pm (lunch provided)
Organized by BME EDGE. RSVP (details)
Additional Professional Development Events
- Center for Integration of Research Teaching and Learning (CIRTL)
- Johns Hopkins School of Education
- Offers graduate certificate programs & online programs in education (details)
- Keck Graduate Institute invites you to Pathways to the Life Science Industry Webinars Series on Nov 11, Nov 20, Dec 1. (posted 11/08)
- OneStart - the world's largest life sciences and healthcare accelerator program- calls for application to win $150K to realize your healthcare business idea! Applications are open now until Dec 1. Learn more. (posted 11/08)
- American Society for Cell Biology (ASCB) annual meeting in San Diego from December 12-16. Register here. (posted 11/08)
- Download your free booklet from Science Magazine here. This edition examines marketable skills and about transition to the next phase of your career. (posted 11/02)
- National Postdoctoral Association (NPA)’s annual Meeting & postdoctoral office (PDO) sessions will be held on March 4th 2016. If you are interested in attending the mentoring session fill survey here.
- The University of Miami-Miller School of Medicine and the Post-Doctoral Program Office are organizing the 2nd Annual Life Sciences Career Fair at the Miami 2016 Winter Symposium on inflammation on Jan 24-27, 2016. Register here. (posted 10/18)
- National Postdoctoral Association Releases Guidebook to Advance Postdoc Women. For more information visit here.
- Association of Women in Science - recruiting new Executive Board leaders (details; if interested, contact Ekemini Riley)
- Additional funding opportunities listed here
Fellowship and Job Opportunities
Visit the below site for additional updated listings, including job postings and postdoctoral fellowships in a variety of science careers across disciplines. Recent additions listed below.
- A postdoctoral position is available in Dr. Harhaj to study signaling mechanisms of NF-B activation by the oncogenic human T-cell leukemia virus (details). (posted 11/02)
- American Association of University Women (AAUW) fellowship or grant is accepting applications now. (Details here due Nov 15 and here due Dec 15)
- The T Rowe Price internship for next spring/summer is open for postdoctoral fellows. Invitations open for preliminary letters of interest. (details)
- The Postdoctoral Research Fellowship for Academic Diversity at the University of Pennsylvania (Penn) and The Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia (CHOP) call for applications (due Dec 14, details)
- Two paid internship positions open at Acidophil LLC to work on synthetic biology or infectious diseases area (details: here and here ). (posted 9/14)
- Director-level position at the National Institute of Environmental Health Sciences (Due Nov 20, details)
- Tenure-Track Position In Genomics, W. M. Keck Science Department Claremont, California (US). Application begins 9/21. (posted 9/8)
- T-32 Training grant opportunity in addiction research at the University of Pennsylvania (details) (posted 10/26)
- Postdoc position available ASAP in the lab of Dr. Karen Sfanos in the department of Pathology, Oncology, and Urology (details) (posted 10/26)
Receive grant alerts here.
Events Around Baltimore
For other local events, visit http://baltimore.org/events or the Culture Fly calendar.