Children’s Kiva Montessori School
Elementary/Middle School - Board of Directors Meeting
January 18, 2015 at 6:45 PM - 18 Beech Street
- Call to Order
- Roll Call
- Vision – Children’s Kiva Montessori School will provide a vibrant and engaging learning environment based on the teachings of Dr. Maria Montessori that supports all students’ academic excellence and ability to become empowered, creative, lifelong learners responsible for themselves, their community, and their environment.
Mission – Children’s Kiva Montessori School uses authentic Montessori methods, Community-Based educational approaches, and integrated academics (STEAM) to support student academic success, responsibility, and independence.
Montessori Moment – ??? Who will Volunteer ???
Volunteer for next Montessori Moment (TBD at meeting) -
- Approval of Previous Minutes
- Motion to Adopt Agenda
- Community Member Forum: Community members may use this time to speak to the board; three minute time cap please. For discussion(s) that may take more time please email the board at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Status of previous meeting’s action items – Tamia
- Consent Agenda
- Adoption of revised Bylaws.
- Health & Wellness Committee (7:00 - 7:10)
- Lunch Program for remainder of 2015-2016 school year
- Salad Bar
- Vision for the H&W program
- BOD President (7:10 - 7:20)
- Executive Committee Report
- Gabi Morey Board name tags
- Preparation for CSSI visit
- Can we hire Tony Fontana to help us prepare?
- Budget & Financial Oversight Committee (7:20 - 7:25)
- Head of School (Susan Likes) (7:25 - 7:45)
- Status of Rob Lee
- Report on current activities.
- Susan is “the Go-To Girl.” We need to confer a more appropriate title and authority. We need to decide what authority Rob Lee should have. Define the responsibilities / authorities of all staff during the transition. Define roles and responsibilities, organization chart.
- What guidance/direction do we want to give Rob? What are his roles and responsibilities.
- Schedule a Board meeting with Rob on February 10
- Request from staff for a day off school to prepare for parent conferences.
- Make-up day from snow closure.
- Support for individual teachers.
- Start recruiting for staff for next year.
- Relations between staff at our two schools
- Finance Director (Susan Likes) (7:45 - 7:55)
- Revised PPOR payments from RE-1
- Financial Policies and Procedures
- Additional Committee Reports (uploaded to Google)
- Building & Location Committee (7:55 - 8:05)
- Report on meeting with Karen Sheek re: neighbor complaints
- Current location building improvements
- Location plans for next year
- RE-1 facilities workshop
- School growth/enrollment - table discussion until next meeting?
- Screening Committee (8:05 - 8:10)
- Current status of search
- Nominations and Board Development (8:10 - 8:15)
- Introduce Stephen Hanson
- New Business
- Shared Board Information
- Upcoming events
- RE-1 Facilities Workshop, Tuesday Jan 19 at 6:00 pm
- Next BOD meeting
- Monday, Feb 15
- Review all Action Items – JenniLynn
- Items for Future Agenda(s) – BOD President
- Executive Session – (If not necessary, delete item from agenda)