Children’s Kiva Montessori School
Elementary/Middle School - Board of Directors Meeting
November 10 at 7:00 pm – Beech Street
- Call to Order
- Roll Call
- Vision – Children’s Kiva Montessori School will provide a vibrant and engaging learning environment based on the teachings of Dr. Maria Montessori that supports all students’ academic excellence and ability to become empowered, creative, lifelong learners responsible for themselves, their community, and their environment.
Mission - The Children’s Kiva Montessori School uses authentic Montessori Methods, Community-Based educational approaches, and integrated academics (STEAM) to support student academic success, responsibility, and independence.
Montessori Moment - Anna
Next Montessori Moment -
- Approval of Previous Minutes
- Motion to adopt agenda (with any needed changes)
- Community Member Forum: Community members may use this time to speak to the board; five minute time cap please. For discussion(s) that may take more time please contact Julie Suckla at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Status of previous meeting’s action items – Tamia
- Consent Agenda, if applicable
- BOD President (7:05-7:10)
i. Strategic Planning: Schedule Meeting January or February
- Prioritize and Determine Topics
- Executive Director – Josh (7:10-7:25)
- Approval of updated Discipline Policy
ii. Approval of new calendar
- Business Manager – Susan (7:25-7:40)
- Approval of Savings Account for Emergency Reserve
- Approval of Final Budget 2014-2015
- MOU Approval
- Grant Budget approval
- Mission and Vision Committee- Anna (7:40-7:45)
- Approval of updated mission/vision to include Health & Wellness
- Development Committee - Anna (7:45-7:55)
- Approval of Annual Appeal
- 100% Board Giving
- 100% Board Participation
- Next steps.
- Building & Location Committee - Julie (7:55-8:10)
- Report on Meeting 11/10/14
- Participation in Twin Topics Thursday Nov. 13th
- Nominations Committee - Anna (8:10-8:15)
- Update names for potential board candidates
- Curriculum Committee - Anna (8:15-8:20)
- STEAM updates
- New Business.
- Calendaring – BOD President (8:20-8:25)
- Upcoming events
- Twin Topics November 13th, 5pm
- H & W Family Night November 13th 5:30pm @ CH
- H&W meeting November 19th, 4pm
- Next BOD meeting
- December 8th 5-8pm: 5-7pm with Tony, then a 1 hour Board meeting.
- Review all Action Items – Tamia (8:25-8:30)
- Items for Future Agenda(s) – BOD President