CampHERO– Volunteer Job Description – Camp Life Director
Title: Camp Life Director *Position may be shared
Reports to: Operations Section Chief
Compensation: Unpaid Volunteer
Term & Hours: Pre-camp meetings, training and orientations. During camp times vary.
Overnight stay is not necessarily required if volunteer prefers to leave at 10:30 p.m. and come back at 6:00 a.m. or split the shift with another volunteer.
Coordinate and implement all programming and daily duties at Camp Brandenburg. Manage the facility, supplies and equipment at Camp Brandenburg. Work with the Crew Captain and Crew Leaders to meet the needs of girls. Directly supervise the Crew Captain and Activity Leaders. Communicate and coordinate with the Food Services Director.
All Volunteers must:
- Be at least 18 years of age.
- Have a current Volunteer Application on file which includes an annual background check.
- Complete the CampHERO orientation and training appropriate to position.
- Be able to work with people of diverse backgrounds.
- Have strong communication and organizational skills and ability to maintain accurate records.
- Adhere to all policies, standards and procedures for GSUSA, Girl Scouts of Wisconsin-Badgerland Council and CampHERO.
- Fulfill the duties listed in the volunteer position description.
Examples of Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist Registration Director with camper and volunteer check-in and departures.
- Plan and implement Camp-Life activities, working with Crew Leaders and Crew Captains as needed.
- Oversee all activities occurring at camp and assist the volunteer staff as needed.
- Assure that Crew Captains are executing their responsibilities and assist them as needed..
- Meet the needs of Crew Leaders, Crew Captains and girls by requesting equipment, supplies or services from the appropriate CampHERO volunteers.
- Assist food service operations at camp as needed.
- Assist transportation services as needed.
- Communicate and coordinate with the Operations Section Chief.
- Assure the health and safety of girls and volunteers.
- Secure camp facilities and conduct emergency drills for fire, tornado and lost camper at the start of each session.
- Sleep at camp in a cabin unit with other volunteers (optional)
- Keep detailed documentation of daily activities.
- Complete other duties as assigned.
Other Job Requirements:
- Be or become a registered member of the Girl Scouts of the USA.
- Current valid driver’s license.
To apply complete the CampHERO Volunteer Profile and Authorization for Background Check.