****APPLICATIONS WILL BE ACCEPTED BEGINNING September 1, 2017***
***GET YOUR ACT READY***
The Magnolia Society of United Way of West Georgia is delighted to announce our first ever LaGrange Has Talent performance competition . Winner will receive $2,000!
The competition has several components:
1) Contestants will submit a video of their performance during video submission dates (see Calendar below). Only one video per person is allowed.
2) Contest is open to any resident of Troup County. Contestants must have a permanent or temporary Troup County address at the time of video submission and on stage performance. There is no age limit for contestants.
3) Application must be submitted in the form of general information with a $50 application fee AND a link to their video. Videos may also be delivered to United Way of West Ga. on a thumb drive.
4) Videos will not exceed 3 minutes in length
5) Content can include, but not be limited to singing, acting, dancing, comedy, musical acts, gymnastics, magic, etc.
6) All Content must be family friendly. No obscene language or costumes may be included in the act. Nothing with fire or weapons of any type will be allowed on stage. United Way of West Ga. reserves the right to approve or exclude any video at their own discretion.
7) Clear facial recognition of contestants on your video is required to identify the individual(s) to the application.
1) Accepted Videos will be posted to the LaGrange Has Talent website.
2) Voting is open to anyone .
3) Votes are cast with cash payments. $1 = 1 vote. Money raised is to benefit Early Learning Programs for School Readiness in Troup County.
4) Number of Votes is not limited, but all votes must be made in increments of $1
5) Voting will be open for approximately 4 weeks.
6) Votes will be tallied and the performers with the top 10 highest votes will be announced on line and contacted through their personal information as well.
7) The top 10 performers will be invited to participate in the on stage finals.
1) The top 10 performers will be contacted through the means submitted at application. If contact information has changed, LaGrange Has Talent should be contacted immediately. If one of the top 10 performers can not be reached or does not accept invitation for final performance, LaGrange Has Talent committee may choose to select the performer(s) with the next highest number of votes.
2) Performers must be available to perform at Thursday night Finals and attend a rehearsal at a designated time for them on Wednesday before Finals.
3) Voting for the top 10 final acts will continue on line through an extended period.
4) On stage Final performance will be held in Talent show format with 10 acts.
5) Tickets will be sold for entry into the show as long as tickets are available.
6) Final Cash winner will be determined by a panel of judges.
7) People's Choice Award will be announced based on the outcome of the on line voting.
PERFORMER AGREEMENT: Performers agree to all the terms mentioned above plus
1) Waiver for their submitted information to be included in any publicity for the show to include, but not limited to Name, Act and photograph.
2) Their own transportation and accommodations for the show.
3) Performers are responsible for their own costumes and to make sure their music (if required) is submitted according to sound system requirements that will be furnished to the top 10.
4) Attending the rehearsal and final competition unless notifying LaGrange Has Talent committee 15 days prior to final show (excludes emergencies).
Thank you for your interest in LaGrange Has Talent . We look forward to receiving your video. Please feel free to contact the United Way of West Georgia’s office at (706) 884-8292 or e-mail us at email@example.com with questions.
LaGrange Has Talent Committee
LaGrange Has Talent
Video submission Begins
Video submission Due date
Videos up on line/ Voting Begins
Voting Cut off
Top 10 Selection Announced
Voting on Top 10 Continues
Rehearsal for Top 10 Performers
On Stage Finals - Top 10 Performers