Update Your Profile Moodle ISU
Users can customize Moodle to their own personal preferences. They can change general information such as their location, timezones, preferred languages and themes. They can add a profile picture and a brief description about themselves. Users can also change preferred settings such as how their email will be displayed and the format. Users can change subscription types and tracking forums.
- Login to Moodle ISU. For more information, see Accessing Moodle ISU for Faculty
- In the top right hand corner, Click on your name.
- From the dropdown menu, Select Profile.
- Under the User details section, Select Edit profile.
- First Name - Names are set to the default ISU username. Users will not be able to change this setting.
- Last name - Names are set to the default ISU username. Users will not be able to change this setting.
- Email address - Email addresses are set to the default ISU email account. Users will not be able to change this setting.
- Email display - Users have the option to change how their email address is displayed. They can allow all users to see their email address, allow only other course members to see their email address, or hide their email address from everyone.
- City/town and country - Users are allowed to change their location if desired. However other users will be able to see it.
- Timezone - Defaults to the Server timezone (America/Denver)
- Preferred theme - Gives the user the option to change the Moodle theme color. By default, the preferred theme is set to ISU orange and black. A user can also change the preferred theme to Clean or either ISU blue or ISU green.
- Description - allows you to share information about yourself. Remember that other users will see anything you post in the description box.
- To add a profile picture, Expand User picture.
- Click the Add... icon.
- In the pop-up window, Click Browse.
- The file picker window will appear, which allows you to search for your image from your files.
Note: You can also Drag and Drop the file into the box.
Add an Additional Name
Users have the ability to enter in an additional first and last name, middle name, and/or an alternate name.
Users can add a list of interests to their profile page.
Add Optional Information
Users have the option to enter in additional information, such as, Yahoo! ID, Skype ID, mobile number, address, etc.
When you have everything set how you would like it, Click Update profile located at the bottom of the screen.
For more information see, Edit Profile
For additional assistance, contact the ITRC - (208) 282-5880 or email email@example.com
This work was done by Instructional Technology Resource Center at Idaho State University and is licensed under the Creative Commons Unported License. To view a copy of this license, visit Attribution Noncommercial 3.0 United States or send a letter to Creative Commons, 444 Castro Street, Suite 900, Mountain View, California, 94041, USA.