Baked Chocolate Donuts with Rumchata Glaze
Notes: this recipe makes 6 - 10 chocolate donuts, and it only takes about 45 minutes in total to make.
- 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon of cinnamon
- 1/4 cup whole milk
- 3 tablespoons oil (or butter)
- 1 egg (at room temperature
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/4 cup hot water
Chocolate Rumchata Glaze Ingredients
- 1-2 cups confectioners sugar
- 2 tablespoons of cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup melted butter
- 2-4 tablespoons of Rumchata
- Sprinkles or coconut flakes (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and slightly grease donut pan.
- Mix together the dry ingredients - flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, cinnamon, baking soda, salt and sugar in large bowl. Then mix in the wet ingredients - egg, milk, choice of oil, vanilla. Mix until smooth. Slowly stir in hot water until completely combined. Batter will be thin.
- Fill a pipping bag with your batter, but we warned without a round tip or batter tip, it will flow out quite fast. You may want to spoon it into each donut mold. Fill each mold about 2/3 full. Put them in the oven and allow them to bake 10-12 minutes.
- Once done, gently go around the edges with a knife before placing them on the cooling rack.
- Glaze: In a medium bowl mix together confectioners sugar and cocoa powder. Add melted butter and vanilla, and stir until fully combined. Slowly add the Rumchata, until it has taste and consistency you desire.
- Dip the donuts into the glaze and add toppings!