Babywearing International of Southeastern Washington
Carrier Lending Library Policies
BWI of SEWA contact email: firstname.lastname@example.org
1. Responsibility. The borrower assumes all responsibility for safely using carriers and for inspecting the stitching and fabric on carriers to ensure that the carrier is sound. Each time a carrier is borrowed the borrower agrees to indemnify and hold harmless Babywearing International of Southeastern Washington (BWI of SEWA), its leaders, librarians and members (“Releases”), for any harm that may result from the use of the carrier, including any harm resulting from the Releasees’ negligence.
2. Checkouts. Carriers may be checked out one at a time, each for a period of one month or from one meeting to the next. Carriers are available for checkout at regular monthly meetings, special events, or by contacting the lending librarian. If the borrower is unable to return a carrier by its due date, the borrower is responsible for returning the carrier to the librarian or group leader before that meeting, in person or by mail. There is a $5 per week late fee for any carrier that is returned after the date on which it is due, assessed beginning a week after the due date.
3. Rental Fee and Deposit. For each checkout the borrower pays (1) a rental fee of $10.00 and (2) a fully refundable deposit in an amount equal to the full replacement cost of the carrier. The fee and the deposit can be paid via cash, check, or Paypal. If paying by check or Paypal, two separate checks or payments are preferred. The deposit payment will be refunded or check returned upon receipt of the carrier in good condition. The rental fee is not refundable. Annual members in good standing of BWI of SEWA may check out carriers without paying the rental fee and deposit. Annual membership in BWI of SEWA is $30.
4. Tobacco Smoke and Perfume. Do not expose a carrier to tobacco smoke or tobacco smoke residue, or to perfume, cologne, or similar heavily scented personal products. Do not use a carrier where people are smoking, and do not store a carrier in a place where there is tobacco smoke residue, such as in a car where someone smokes.
5. Condition on Return. Please return all carriers in such a condition that they are ready for the next person to check out. This means the carrier should be reasonably clean and neatly folded. Please do not wash or dry the carrier. If absolutely necessary, carriers may be spot cleaned with a wet washcloth and hung to air dry (i.e. on a drying rack). Many carriers have very specific washing or drying instructions. Washing a carrier incorrectly may ruin it. Carriers can be returned with baby spit up, “chew” marks, or pet hair with no penalty. Please let a group leader know if the carrier will need to be washed before it can be loaned out again. Minimal washing will keep the carriers in better condition longer. All accessories (drool pads, hoods, buckles, straps, etc.) must be returned in good condition along with the carrier they were checked out with, otherwise a fine will be assessed.
6. Harm to Carriers. Please treat the carriers with respect. If you lose or ruin a carrier, you are responsible for paying the actual replacement cost of the carrier (in the same condition – new if it was new, gently used if it was gently used), including shipping. Using fabric softener or bleach on a wrap will be considered ruin. Minor damages may incur a damage fee. The librarians and leaders in their sole discretion will determine whether a carrier is ruined or damaged.
7. Termination of Privileges. Violation of any of these policies may result in termination of borrowing privileges.