Remote Work on Augsburg PCs Setup
Link to this page: http://go.augsburg.edu/rdcpc
Also use the above guide to configure a personal computer to connect to Remote Work.
- On your desktop open “Remote Work.rdp”
- When asked “Do you trust the publisher of this remote connection?” check “Don’t ask me again…” and choose “Connect.”
- When prompted for your credentials enter your Augsburg password
Note: First time logging in will require entering “ad\username” (no quotes).
The backslash is above ‘Enter’ on your keyboard.
- You will need to use Duo to approve your remote login.
- Applications can be found in the Programs folder on the desktop (not all applications are in the start menu)
- To get back to your other programs, click the Restore (or Minimize) button at the top:
- When you are done using Remote Desktop, click the Windows button, then the person icon, and choose “Sign Out”
Additional Remote Desktop Features and Tips
- Not all applications are available through the Start menu. Use the Programs folder on the desktop to find other applications.
- To easily move files between your computer and the remote desktop you can access your hard drive while on the remote desktop. In the file explorer you’ll see “Redirected drives and folders.” These are drives on your computer.
- To get to your folders, open the C on Your computer name drive, and navigate to
Users > YourUsername > Desktop (or Documents).
- For quick access, create a shortcut to the folder by right clicking on the folder icon and choosing “Create a Shortcut”. Drag this shortcut to your desktop.
- Enable / Disable Multiple Monitors
- Right-click on RDP Profile. Choose Edit
- Click on Displays tab
- Check/Uncheck use all of my Monitors for the Remote Session
- Click General Tab and choose to Save the connection settings.
- Click Connect or Re-open profile