Remote Desktop Connection Setup Steps (Windows)
Go link: http://go.augsburg.edu/rdcpc
Looking for Mac tutorial Instead?
- Visit https://gateway.augsburg.edu/RDWeb/
- Sign in using ad\username and your Augsburg password.
- Click to use either
- Remote Labs - same software as on-campus computer labs
- Remote Work Desktop - includes Agresso, etc
- A file will download to your computer. Move it to your desktop for easy access in the future.
- Double-click on the file that downloaded.
- When asked “Do you trust the publisher of this remote connection?” check “Don’t ask me again…” and choose “Connect.”
- When prompted for your credentials enter your Augsburg password
- To get back to your other programs, click the Restore (or Minimize) button at the top:
- When you are done using Remote Desktop, click the Windows button, then the person icon, and choose “Sign Out”
Additional Remote Desktop Features and Tips
- To easily move files between your computer and the remote desktop you can access your hard drive while in remote desktop. In the file explorer you’ll see “Redirected drives and folders.” These are drives on your computer.
- To get to your folders, open the C on Your computer name drive, and navigate to
Users > YourUsername > Desktop (or Documents).
- For quick access, create a shortcut to the folder by right clicking on the folder icon and choosing “Create a Shortcut”. Drag this shortcut to your desktop.