Objective: To demonstrate the use of the principles of learning in advertising.
Materials: Video Camera, notes on classical and operant conditioning.
- Inside your group, choose an assigned commercial product from the list below that your group will be selling in your commercial.
- Research: Take time to review television commercials to obtain ideas for the commercial you will be creating.
- When you are creating your commercial, do not include sexual connotations (like an Axe Body Spray commercial), derogatory behavior (like making fun of a certain group of people), or drug/alcohol use. Be creative.
- Create a commercial using multiple aspects of classical and operant conditioning.
- Identify the aspects of classical and operant conditioning used in your commercial. A handout with your groups “Commercial Analysis” will need to be completed and turned in with your commercial.
- Be prepared to present the commercial on the assigned due date. Make sure you have the equipment necessary to hook your video camera up to a television/overhead projector and/or have a copy of your commercial burnt to a DVD. You may need to bring in your equipment prior to the presentation date to be sure you are completely prepared to present your commercial.
- Note: You will be creating a series of three 30 second commercials. Each commercial will be about the same product.
- Note: Everyone in the group needs to participate in someway in the assignment.
Have fun using your right-brained creative skills!
Possible Products List
- Home Defense System
- Car Insurance
- Cell Phone Plan
- Paper Products (like The Office)
- Coffee from Colombia
- A Car
- High-speed Internet
- Skim Milk
- Workout Equipment