Uploading Video to Fordham YouTube Channel and Embedding the video on Blackboard
Upload your video to YouTube
- click on the “App Pad” symbol and then click on “more” at the bottom to go to your YouTube channel
- on the upper right side, click “login”
- click on the “upload” button (also on the upper right)
- choose your file (you’ll have to either choose it from your computer or download it from drive first)
- once it finishes processing (after it uploads, you’ll see a status bar with text), then you can choose to upload your image as a custom thumbnail**
- choose the privacy to be “unlisted”
- click “Done”
Embed your video on blackboard
- Go to the video manager (top of the page)
- Click on the video that you want to embed
- Click on “Share” (underneath the title of your video below the actual video)
- Click on “Embed”
- Copy the embed code you see
- go to blackboard, go to your course, go to where you want to post the video
- click on the “HTML” button on the text box editor
- paste the embed code, and click “Update” (please note, you will see a yellow box, don’t worry, this is normal, it will work after you click “Submit” in the next step)
- once you finish writing in the text box editor (directions etc), then click “Submit” as usual
Creating a Custom Title Slide in PowerPoint
- open PowerPoint and choose a 16:9 slide layout
- change the text
- “Save As” and choose the file format to be “.PNG”
Uploading custom thumbnails
To upload a custom thumbnail when you upload a video:
- Record or upload your video.
- At the end of the video processing stage in the upload interface, you will see an option to choose a Custom thumbnail under the "Video thumbnails" section.
To upload a custom thumbnail for an existing video:
- Go to your channel Video Manager.
- Locate a video and click the Edit button.
- Click the Custom thumbnail button and upload a thumbnail.
- Once the thumbnail is uploaded, don't forget to click the "Save Changes" button.