PROJECT: Research Paper
- A 2,000 word research paper will be written on a chosen, scientific topic.
- Information can be gathered from periodicals, pamphlets, books, internet sources, etc, with a minimum of 7 to a maximum of 10 sources used. At least two of the sources must be books.
- A total of 100 notecards must be completed by Friday, February 16, 2018.
- The rough draft must first be read and signed by the student and then proofread by two, English-speaking adults. The proofreaders, including the student, must then sign on the rough draft that they have read it. The student’s signature is due on Monday, March 12, 2018, and the other two signatures are due by Friday, March 16, 2018.
- The Final Draft must follow these guidelines:
- Typed in 12 point, Times New Roman font
- Double-spaced throughout
- Typed by yourself
- The entire paper's set-up is to follow the guidelines in your English book and should include the following:
- Title Page
- Pledge Page
- Final Outline with Thesis Statement
- Final Draft of Paper
- A 100% will be given if the assignments are completed and handed in on the specific due dates listed below under Schedule and if the student brings information to work on on assigned workdays. A 0% will be given if the student fails to meet either one of these criteria or fails to bring in work materials on workdays. At the end of the research paper these grades will be averaged together and will count as one Test Grade for the project.
- Your paper will then be given to your English teacher to be graded for a Test Grade in your English class.
GRADING (Two Test Grade):
- The first test grade will consist of an average of all assignment completion grades as listed in Requirements above.
- The second test grade will be of the contents and mechanics of the research paper itself.
- January 3, 2018-List of topics compiled in class
- January 8, 2018-Topic Due
- January 15-19, 2018-In-class Workdays
- January 19, 2018-Outline Due
- January 26, 2018-25 Notecards Due
- January 31, 2018-In-class Workday
- February 2, 2018-25 Notecards Due (Total-50)
- February 7, 2018-In-class Workday
- February 9, 2018-25 Notecards Due (Total-75)
- February 14, 2018-In-class Workday
- February 16, 2018-25 Notecards Due (Total-100) and Working Bibliography
- February 21, 2018-In-class Workday
- February 28, 2018-First Half of Rough Draft Due
- March 7, 2018-Second Half of Rough Draft Due
- March 9, 2018-In-class Workday
- March 12, 2018-Personal Proofreading Signature Due
- March 16, 2018-Two Proofreading Signatures, Typed Title Page, Outline, Pledge Page and Bibliography Due
- March 30, 2018-Research Paper Due