Molasses Crinkle Cookies
Adapted from My Kitchen Addiction
Yield - 3 1/2 dozen cookies
1 1/2 sticks (12 tablespoons) unsalted butter, room temperature
1 cup lightly packed dark brown sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/4 cup molasses
2 1/4 cup flour
2 teaspoons baking soda
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1 teaspoon ginger
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon cloves
1/4 teaspoon allspice
1/2 cup raw turbinado sugar
- In the bowl of a stand mixer with a paddle attachment cream together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add the egg and vanilla and beat until well incorporated. Scrape the bowl and beat in the molasses.
- Sift together the flour, soda, cinnamon, ginger, salt, cloves, and allspice.
- Add to the dough in the mixer and mix on low until just combined.
- Cover the dough with plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight.
- Preheat the oven to 375 ˚F and line cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- Use a 2-tablespoon scoop to portion the dough. Roll each ball of dough into the turbinado sugar and place on the cookie sheet about 2-inches apart. These cookies do spread.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes or until just set. Remove and let cool on a wire rack.