

umi-bpme-fmr (2025-05-27 13:59 GMT+1) - Transcript

Attendees

Akheel F, Alexandre Maaza, BOAZ BANDU BALUME, Darlington Wleh, Fanny wijaya, Fanny's Notetaker, Fireflies.ai Notetaker Nathan, Fireflies.ai Notetaker Nick, ha nguyen, ha's Notetaker, Maureen Wepngong, read.ai meeting notes, Sanjaya Wanigasekera, Terence McCutcheon

Transcript

Terence McCutcheon: Akquil, are you sure you're not a notetaker?

Akheel F: It takes Sorry.

Terence McCutcheon: I said, are you sure you're not a notetaker? Yes.

Akheel F: Nope. Nope. Nope. Am I on the correct link? I thought I was Okay.

Terence McCutcheon: You're in the right place.

Terence McCutcheon: Don't worry about that.

Akheel F: How are things sticks?

Akheel F: How's it been going?

Terence McCutcheon: A little busy, but you're good, I guess. But we're going to work it out.

Akheel F: That's I guess you're catching up on a lot of stuff after rejection.

Terence McCutcheon: Yeah, post elections, there's a few things, but ...

Terence McCutcheon: I actually had to now that I'm taking this back on, I got a lot of catch up to do for MCC in general. So, I'm hoping to do that today or...

Akheel F: Okay, I got ClickUp.

Terence McCutcheon: least sometime this week, but we will see.

Akheel F: I think you sent everybody a...

Akheel F: what you call it invitation on ClickUp. I was never used that app before but there's nothing happening there. Just wanted to see if I have configured this correctly or just have to

Terence McCutcheon: Yes. are you in the app or...

Terence McCutcheon: the web browser?

Akheel F: Nobody think so comment on it. Okay.

Terence McCutcheon: So what you should see,...

Terence McCutcheon: sorry I have a lot here. You should see on your side here it should say membership and community committee and you should have access to list list. The only thing on there should have been I guess it's May 20th. I'm going to put today's here. and so what you're able to do, what I will do is I will just put this here. If you all have an agenda item, you should be able to come in here and then just write a comment. Yeah.

Terence McCutcheon: Are you seeing that the agenda items and...

Terence McCutcheon: list on your side? Okay. Hello

Akheel F: Not yet.

Akheel F: Just trying to Hey,...

ha nguyen: Hello everyone.

Akheel F: how are you?

ha nguyen: Hello. I'm good. How about you? How you doing?

Akheel F: Break it over here.

Alexandre Maaza: Hey everybody,...

Alexandre Maaza: how's it going?

ha nguyen: Hello, Alex.

Terence McCutcheon: All Thanks for joining us. I don't know where everybody is. Obviously, we're waiting for Darlington. We don't yet have quorum.

Terence McCutcheon: Boaz should be here. I think I asked this last time. Does anybody have a more direct connection with Nathan from Asia somewhere?

00:05:00

Alexandre Maaza: like Nathan from Singapore.

Maureen Wepngong: I think he's on a different time zone and...

Terence McCutcheon: Yes, he's on the committee.

Alexandre Maaza: American Damon. What's up?

Terence McCutcheon: He hasn't been here yet.

Maureen Wepngong: it doesn't want him. So

Terence McCutcheon: Is that right?

Alexandre Maaza: It's quite late.

Alexandre Maaza: It's in the

Terence McCutcheon: only 9:00 but yeah I can see that it's pretty late Okay,...

Alexandre Maaza: as a fair point.

Terence McCutcheon: let me do

Alexandre Maaza: So I used to have a different scheduled invite that was set up for quarter 2, four and...

Alexandre Maaza: then two quarter to three CCT and then carried on for two hours whereas the one that I clicked on now for through the interact calendar is one hour straight on the hour.

Terence McCutcheon: correct? Yes.

Alexandre Maaza: Maybe people will be confused.

Terence McCutcheon: It's the same meeting The link itself has not changed. The timing did change. That was an async decision that was made by the members of the committee in Discord in their private channel. So it was resumed or it was diverted back to just a 1-hour session. So no

Alexandre Maaza: Does this committee have a closed call and then an open call? I know we have that on the product committee.

Alexandre Maaza: Okay, this one's always open.

Terence McCutcheon: No, I and...

Terence McCutcheon: I'm working through some details with the product committee on that. I'm kind of sitting in that committee liaison role. So I actually spoke to Lorenzo, the secretary on that last week. so there's a possibility that some things may change with that, but I don't know that that would happen anytime soon. committees are entitled to have a separate meeting if they so choose or find it necessary. there are some things where the committee just needs to make a decision or do some work and it's better for them to get together. but the idea is that whatever meeting is out there and open and public is the only known meeting. The other ones are typically again just here and there. So,

Terence McCutcheon: Let's see. I don't know if anybody has Nathan on Discord. Does anybody see him in the Intersect server at all? I don't know his handle.

Maureen Wepngong: Who are we talking about? Nathan. ...

Terence McCutcheon: Yes. Hi,...

Maureen Wepngong: his ex handle.

Terence McCutcheon: Fanny. Yeah,...

Maureen Wepngong: I can send you his ex handle. I don't think he's

Terence McCutcheon: I have his X handle. So, I'll try him that way.

Terence McCutcheon: Hey there.

00:10:00

Terence McCutcheon: Actually, no. I can't even find him on X.

Maureen Wepngong: It's probably the we blocked you.

Terence McCutcheon: That's not good.

Maureen Wepngong: Just kidding. I know nothing about what?

Terence McCutcheon: Says the account doesn't exist. Yeah.

Maureen Wepngong: Hold on.

Maureen Wepngong: Hold on. I'll

Alexandre Maaza: I've got him here.

Alexandre Maaza: Maybe this is his furry alt account. I don't know. That's the one I follow.

Terence McCutcheon: Yeah, the fei is not showing as an account right now. Another one I can't verify that. in any case.

Maureen Wepngong: It's a sorry I was talking while muted fanboy that's a very specific name right Alex just send the link that's as professional as it gets

Terence McCutcheon: Yeah. I see that there. Okay. Maybe not.

Alexandre Maaza: maybe not as a professional Twitter.

Terence McCutcheon: I can't message him. Interesting. Okay.

Terence McCutcheon: So, I'm going to share this here. I don't know that we got through this the last time or not. but did we go through this the last time? Y'all remember seeing this at all? I'm going to guess no. Okay. U so welcome for those of you that are new to the membership and community committee. of course here's just a quick overview of where we stand right now for leadership team here at Intersect. seems like there's quite a bit hidden in here.

Terence McCutcheon: Let me me actually I stopped sharing. That's not what I wanted to do. I did make it that small. Okay, never mind. So, here was just a little bit on the structure of the Discord. Just basically seeing the different channels and whatnot. of course there's threads within and the threads Look like this here. So you have working groups and then just a few lists below. if you have any questions on that, let me know. expectations once you have been elected, your term is to serve for one year. There's anything different with that, please feel free to let me know.

Terence McCutcheon: contribution is expected for committee members roughly 20 hours per month. That equates to about four to five hours per week. Obviously, there's only a 1-hour weekly meeting. but the rest of that would be async participation and conversations and speaking to u things that the committee should be overseeing that other members may raise or that happen in other areas of the discord etc. I

hope but rather the expectation is that you would attend any and all MCC meetings that we can set and the hope is like I'm trying to do now is find times for us all to meet together that works for everybody. again participating in the async chat discussions. if you choose to lead a working group the expectation is you as the committee member would be able to come back and report on that working group and their progress. I can go over some working group specific stuff there.

00:15:00

Terence McCutcheon: But again working groups are expected to have a remit explicitly from the committee as to what they're doing and they are designed to be short term. So anywhere from 3 to 6 maybe 9 months so on. I'm sorry. go ahead.

Alexandre Maaza: Quick question about the working groups. How do we set them up? This is all in the documentation, but TLDDR is what I put forward a proposal to the voting seats of the committee and then they look at it and approve it.

Terence McCutcheon: Yeah, that's one way of going about it, is that issue being raised to MCC discussing that in more detail and then deciding whether or not it's of benefit to start a working group. Yes. Hey,...

Alexandre Maaza: Okay. Thanks

Terence McCutcheon: Sanjay, good to see you.

Terence McCutcheon: and then, office hours. I don't know that we have this set up quite as of yet. these were some things that are typically happening around the election period, but it's also not a bad thing to show up to other events. I know we're trying to get the town hall started. We're five months into the year, but a lot of things have been flying in the air. And so, as we get into the latter half, we should be seeing that come in. expectations if you're a chair just a little bit improved from the standard committee member status right so over the next couple of weeks here we will look to elect a new chair for MCC essentially you would work closely with myself and Darlington and the hope or expectation is that you'd be willing to take over the chair role between October and next April that way we have some continuity and consistency in what MCC is working on and a proper handoff

Terence McCutcheon: so again you still have some of the same hour connection or hours expectation throughout the weeks or throughout the month. it might be a little bit more as a a chair but typically not too much. and again there would be some desires of self leadership that we would see here as well. the chair themselves attends the intersect steering committee meetings. the chair we had on here is overseeing the budget process. So the chair would essentially be the final decision maker but also the primary person to be marketing or presenting any type of budget that's created. So that'll be important when we get to a 2026 budget. again the chair is basically just following along. Both the vice chair. Those terms we kind of have interchangeable right now. you get a chance to participate in creating the agenda for each week.

Terence McCutcheon: and so that really gives some differentiation in the committee. It's not just one person deciding what we're going to talk about, And anybody in the committee can raise something. it would just be the vice chair who would, decide when that hits the agenda based on timelines and things like that. MCC is currently looking over the special interest group application. So, anytime that comes in, that would come specifically to MCC to decide, should we allow this to be a special interest group.

obviously there's some other community feedback and processes here and that would probably be one of the big things for MCC to work out and I don't mean to tell you what to do. you all are the committee, so essentially you are directing what you all do. but I can help out in some different ways.

Terence McCutcheon: I've been facilitating MCC since October of last year. so I'm pretty familiar with most everything that's going on. again, if you're a chair or coach or a vice chair, your expectation is to be an advocate for M at any other meetings and events. not so much that that's speaking up in defense, but that's just advocating to say, "Hey, we're MCC has a thought or an opinion on this or hey MCC is going to take a look at this and bring that back and we get it on the calendar. and then a review and tracking of the async work items. So seems to be that's a little bit better of a way for this group to work or at least it was in the past. so it would just be some management of those items there. yeah so again vice chair it's kind of flopping a little bit here. but this is just how that would roll here is that we would expect to get that done.

Terence McCutcheon: we're already at the end of May. So my hope would be by mid June, no later than there's new holiday in the states called Junth. So that's right that middle week of June. I'm hoping that we get things worked out by then. If you have doing this for growth and marketing, so if you have a desire to be the chair and hopefully the chair in six months, that would be the hope. if you're signing up for co-chair, the expectation would be that you become the chair if you're voted in by the rest of the committee. then, please just put out your thoughts on that in the MCC channel. just say, "Hey, this is who I am. This is my experience. This is whatever. And this is why I feel I'd be a good fit." And then as I see those, what I can do is I can help to coalate that so we can get to a decision- making here, whether it's in this meeting or even in a separate meeting with just the committee members.

00:20:00

Terence McCutcheon: or even a discord poll if we have to go to that. a little bit of a overview on working groups and special interest groups. Again, working groups are aligned to a committee specifically focused around a divine a defined purpose. They have agreed upon informal and The expectation of a working group is that it's open to any member or associate to participate. typically there's more participation. We'll see them become members and not just associates there. But either way, we don't not locking participation that and then special interest groups are just general ideas or, things that may become a working group if a committee chooses to pick up that topic. So, I'll leave that to questions here. Again, this was pretty short and sweet. but if there are questions, please let me know.

Terence McCutcheon: not hearing or seeing anything. So, I'm going to go to a different reference. And this is the group's overview. So, this is on the getbook page. Just simply committees.incto.org. And when you get to this group's overview here, we have the page and you can read through it there. It gives some details about the groups about secretaries and liaizing status there. when you get down to here, we have guidelines, So there's a to guiding principles for working groups. and then there's also how-to guiding principles for a special interest group.

Terence McCutcheon: So to go into those specifically here, this is on the special interest groups. So this defines what these groups are. Once again, creation is a simple application. I think the link is right beneath that. I'll go back here in just a moment. it's basically whoever decides to be the lead for that special interest group is typically the one that applies for it. and any communication or furthering from that point would go through that individual. so it can be administered by the committee if it's again just by

the volunteer organizer. It sits out there and we Looks like there are still some updates to make here but pretty minor. still Laura and myself are pretty tight here on your go-tos for any questions or support.

Terence McCutcheon: I will go back. it is here, a link to form a special interest group. So, you can follow that link and fill out that form. again, I'll get an email and I'll pass it along for MCC to do a review working group, the to guiding principles. This is more of just what you're going to want to set up here. So, initial roles, you're typically going to have a lead, you could have a general expectation is that lead is going to be a member of the committee. that way there's more attachment and alignment with that goal and actually concluding that member mailing list scheduling the meetings. Again, we can help schedule the meetings or I can help schedule the meetings. we'll get the Discord set up for you all, get you on the events calendar as needed so it's out there for the wider community to take a look at. agendas would be all on whoever's leading the group here.

Terence McCutcheon: rules of order would be very similar to committees who are similar to Robert's rules as posted on the main intersect knowledge base. and then you'll get access to publishing content on your own getbook page for the working group. So there's some more details in here and I won't go through line by line by line but just wanted to let you all know where that is in case there were additional questions. Anything else I can answer for anybody in terms of onboarding?

Alexandre Maaza: Sorry, Terrence. I got caught in a call that came in just now. Where can I access this document?

Terence McCutcheon: I will drop the link for you right now.

Alexandre Maaza: Appreciate.

Terence McCutcheon: Darlington, are you with us? I know you've been in and out a little bit here. just going to check this one more time here. me just a second.

00:25:00

Terence McCutcheon: Okay, my apologies. I am back.

Terence McCutcheon: Okay, I have just created let us meet. I'm going to drop this in the discord for the members of the committee. if you all could go in there and just place your availability for any type of meeting here. so it's Monday through Friday that's on there and any type of anything that you have for availability. I said I'm in the central time zone so I did 6:00 a.m. to 5:00 pm which is a pretty wide birth.

Terence McCutcheon: I'm really flexible to meet with y'all at any of those times. I think that converts to somewhere around 10 or 11:00 a.m. UTC to as much as 10 or 11 p.m. It's almost a 12-h hour period there. So, hopefully that can work for all of us. But just Monday through Friday, whenever you may be available to have a meeting, please let me know. And o, as I stepped away there, I don't know if you're hearing me, let me know. We're pretty quiet. I don't mind facilitating the whole piece here, but if anybody has any other interjection here, please please go ahead.

Sanjaya Wanigasekera: Text is this link for future MCC meetings or how a second

Terence McCutcheon: So yes,...

Terence McCutcheon: so it would be for future MCC meetings, but it would also be for any offcycle MCC meeting that we may need to have. So there's a meeting to establish for updates to the members area. so there are some plans to add some different functions for committees as well as working groups and give some more access to members and more utilization within the members area. little bit I guess it's a different positioning of a single source of truth. but really positioning that more towards a membership benefit piece there.

Terence McCutcheon: the product team would like to review that with you all. And that's not the product committee. That's the actual product website development team within Intersect that wants to go over that. So, yeah,...

00:30:00

Sanjaya Wanigasekera: Okay, perfect.

Sanjaya Wanigasekera: Thank you.

Terence McCutcheon: but basically just open availability so we know when we could get with a majority of everybody and hopefully everybody a couple of times throughout the week. Not that that would be every week. It' just be as needed. So, let me see if I can go into this for you all. if you haven't had a chance to play around here, this is the MCC shared drive.

Terence McCutcheon: And forgive me for just a moment because I'm going to poke around to try to find what I'm looking for. And I think it'll be here. no, There we go. so it looks like there are some folders in here for various async items and can continue to be created as needed. The main thing is this async item log. I'll switch over to that for what's been currently working is basically any member has access to put something in. once this goes live, we would of course discuss this and get a better brief description.

Terence McCutcheon: and then these would essentially be agenda items at any one point in time. If it's an async item, there again, there is going to be a committee member lead. and then if we can, we'll put a due date on that so that way that we're keeping things on a timely schedule. And there's a lot of different adjustments that we can make to this here. obviously it is a Google Sheets. but that's just a basic setup and Happy to answer any questions that you all may have here. Obviously, there's links all over the place and I know this is a lot of information. but just hopeful that this makes sense to everybody or that you get a chance to decide at this point since there's a little bit of a new body. Is this something that you want to continue with or is there a different way of working that you all would prefer? and so this is so that we're not taking a ton of time in the meetings focusing too much on any one topic, but that we are actually moving on multiple items at the same time.

Terence McCutcheon: Go ahead, please. Thi this works specifically not at this time...

Alexandre Maaza: Is there a way to contribute to this work even if you're not voted in as a member of the MCC?

Terence McCutcheon: but what you can always do is you can place your thoughts in the MCC general chat and I probably wouldn't suggest on continuing on but there is a little bit that you could do as far as trying to sync

Terence McCutcheon: with an elected member of MCC to have them be your advocate. If they pick up that topic and bring it to MCC, then that's how that would get discussed. So, it's in no way to close anybody out. That's exactly what general chat is there for. So, if there's something that you feel does need to be discussed, please feel free to put it there. and then this would be the public call out. committee members, if you see something and you feel that that's worth discussing or even if it's just worth giving giving their voice a stage and then providing a response, that is still something that we can at the very least talk about even if it's not the intended response that they were looking for. So, yes, great question, Alex.

Alexandre Maaza: That answers it.

Maureen Wepngong: Okay. ...

Maureen Wepngong: Terren, are we reading this and reacting or am I confused? I saw it says if we are okay, we put a thumbs up. I'm not sure. Okay.

Terence McCutcheon: So I was just showcasing a current way of working.

Terence McCutcheon: And so that's what the MCC has been doing. it was really just an intro to say, "Hey, take a look at this. does this work for you? If it doesn't work for you, that is totally okay. it's just something for us to talk about as a committee to say, hey, how do we actually do some other work, so, now that we're a new body, again, I guess I'll go through a quick update again. there was a whole bunch of a budget period and process throughout the beginning of this year. unfortunately, for whatever reason, there was not a budget item that came through for MCC.

00:35:00

Terence McCutcheon: so there's not any explicit money that's coming that way. It doesn't mean that nothing can be done. there's still going to be some things to do, but a lot of that is going to be grassroots at this point. and when I say grassroots, what I mean is it's just going to be, hey, let's make sure that we have our ear to the ground with the community. Let's make sure that we are raising those topics. if we can getting responses back out to them or that you all as a committee of Intersect are lobbying for Intersect to make some different changes that improve the membership or improve our interactions with the community. Wonderful.

Maureen Wepngong: Thanks. That's good.

Terence McCutcheon: I don't want to put anybody on the spot, but I would ask for Sanjaya, Akquil. Is there anything that you all would like to share with Manny for Marine and Boaz as far as what things have looked like over the last few months or different ways of working with MCC or is there anybody that has a topic that we can take some time to discuss? I mean, I don't mind closing out a meeting short, but obviously we want the committee to be functioning. So, if there's something we can bring to the table, now is a good time until we work out some of the scheduling concerns.

Akheel F: Nothing on my end, but if you guys do have any questions, we would love to answer them.

Akheel F: And text, I need some help with that direct message I sent across to you if you could just help me out with that. Yeah. Yes,...

Terence McCutcheon: So sorry.

Terence McCutcheon: Let me take a look. Is that regarding the community support?

Akheel F: Okay,...

Terence McCutcheon: Yeah, I had to look over that. I didn't join the last meeting. I'm going to be better with that now that I have the secretary role again for MCC. but I did leave some comments as I was reading through there.

Akheel F: cool, cool,...

Terence McCutcheon: Yeah,...

Akheel F: cool. I didn't see Let me check.

Terence McCutcheon: no worries. Yeah, I guess it's talking about groups community approach. There's something that says that different groups have been closed. being the person...

Terence McCutcheon: who would have to close those channels, I'm not aware of any special interest groups that have closed at this point. so if anything, it's just due to inactivity.

Akheel F: Okay.

Akheel F: I'll get that sorted out.

Terence McCutcheon: Yeah. Sure.

Terence McCutcheon: And again, I'll make it back to the next meeting there so that we can take a closer look at that. But some of the suggested action or proposed solution it doesn't tie to an actual business value if that makes sense there's no proof in what's suggested unfortunately but I'm sorry go ahead

Akheel F: No worries. Fine.

Maureen Wepngong: Yeah so you did mention if there's any topic I just wanted to bring a topic if that's okay.

Terence McCutcheon: Please.

Maureen Wepngong: Okay so I don't know if we came across this tweet from Utah about maybe increasing the membership fee to 500 ADA and making it like a

Maureen Wepngong: Making it a freeze fund the way we do for drebs where you just kind of give your money and then you have it when you retire sort of thing and basically not paying anything as membership fee because according to him the two the \$10 doesn't give any value to the members. I did u respond but based on my own opinion which I thought was a terrible idea but I just thought that we should maybe discuss it. He also left a couple of messages in the Discord channel if anybody wants to check it out.

Maureen Wepngong: the TLDDR is that we could do that and also the DRES and the IC members and SPOS's would have a say in governance in intersect. So yeah, that's basically what he was suggesting and he did tag a couple of us on the tweet. But anyway, that's a topic. There you go.

00:40:00

Terence McCutcheon: So I mean go ahead,...

Sanjaya Wanigasekera: Is this sorry text go ahead I'll finish after I was just thinking is this something that Morini has a point so is this something that we can actually turn into a working group...

Terence McCutcheon: No, I'm the secretary. You go ahead, please.

Sanjaya Wanigasekera: because we currently have only one active working group at the moment I understand this the certain topics that you had brought up is already discussed in other working groups in different committees so is this something that we can expand upon maybe we can get

Sanjaya Wanigasekera: Matthews and Darlington's opinion on this as well.

Maureen Wepngong: I don't understand. I guess a working group is to solve a problem, but I'm not quite clear on this particular problem. So, I don't know if it should be a working group. I don't know. But maybe

Sanjaya Wanigasekera: Marin in any case a vote which a vote has already been put up by Utah. So then it shouldn't be a problem. Then I'm just saying working group or certain maybe the next MCC meeting where we can discuss this. I know Matthew wanted to speak about this. So just wanted to get everyone's opinion on that.

Darlington Wleh: I mean we can also push the discussion in this game too and maybe tag I mean there's no rush obviously we can discuss this in the next meeting too but MC does at this point we are going back to only every other week. my opinion personally on the matter is it makes sense. It's not a horrible idea and Interet can probably still make money from the staking rewards. and it does go a long way with the simple attack issue. I wouldn't say it solved it, but it does help.

Maureen Wepngong: Sorry, how does it help? Because I don't think that it helps people who cannot afford 500 ADA, but it does help people who can afford it because now they can. It doesn't stop people who would do that, who have the money to do that. So, it only excludes people who don't have as much as that to register. I'm not sure it solves the sele attack...

Maureen Wepngong: if there is any to be honest.

Darlington Wleh: The affordability thing is a huge thing.

Darlington Wleh: I guess that's something we have to solve, 500 times a,000 votes is more money than \$10. So, I don't know. It does move the needle on that bit, but we have to solve the affordability

Maureen Wepngong: Yeah, but you can literally transfer the money to another account and then do it again and again and again, right? What

Darlington Wleh: No, usually you have to be registered by a certain time to participate in votes. You have to be registered by a certain time to participate in votes. And then also if if the money doesn't stay in your account of intercept. So you have to cancel your account to transfer the money.

Darlington Wleh: I mean the affordability thing I think it's a problem we'll have to discuss. if this thing get any real attraction, she'll have to solve that, This can be the only thing that changes.

Terence McCutcheon: Yeah. ...

Terence McCutcheon: just a couple of thoughts or potential concerns here. So I do think that the amount is too high. we're talking the same threshold that's required to be a DREP. and so why would you risk losing or burning out the benefit of being a member of Intersect because for my 500 ADA I can just become a DREP and have people stick to me if they want and then have voting power just a different level.

Terence McCutcheon: So that almost excludes Intersect at that point as an option. so I do think a lower value for affordability would be really important. But there's bigger questions when you get to staking, is it appropriate for Intersect to become an SPO or to take stake? anything like that? I don't think that that's appropriate. I'll get to you in a second, Alex. the other thing is that budget-wise, I don't know that everyone's thinking through, and there's no disrespect to you, too. he's got some great ideas, but the bottom line for Intersect would increase, which people may not be happy about when we just start talking about custodial fees, additional auditing, and everything of that nature.

00:45:00

Terence McCutcheon: and then if you have a per say one time to register with intersect and then you're just register with intersect for as long as you choose to have your ADA state that way that's not encouraging membership with consistent activity. the last piece I'm sorry I'm running on. I think there's going to be quite a few more cost if that were to be implemented because how does the web team or how do we on the back end of the membership side of things actually manage an appropriate membership count? yes, you could just look at it physically on the chain.

Terence McCutcheon: I get that part of it, but you could have 50 people drop overnight. you could have, five 100 or 500 members drop overnight. And sometimes you could even take out 20 or 30% of that that don't realize that they did that because they said, " I'm going to look at my wallet. I haven't looked at my wallet in six months. I've got my ADA staked everywhere. I'm going to pull all of my stake because I want to put anything and everything that I had or have towards this other thing. And so they could essentially pull their intersect membership without actually realizing that they're doing that. So there's a real lack of guardrails there is what I'm seeing. but yeah, I'm sorry if I don't understand fully some things. Alex

Alexandre Maaza: Yeah, I think there's a bit of a conflation of what at least this is my first read with UT's thing and just listening in on the conversation. but again, right, maybe I need to go a little bit deeper. The one thing I do notice is that there's a conflation between what is intersect membership and then what is community membership, as defined by the constitution which essentially says you're a member of the community if you own ADA and in the case of Intersect and any other MBO including Pragma and whatever else sees today you have a membership policy which is based on certain things bylaws etc etc and certain requirements and I think these things are inherently separate and then

Alexandre Maaza: I think as an administrator as well constitutionally intersect can't stake all votes with its ADA. I think that was one of the kind of key aspects there. So then do we want intersect to be an administrator or not? and I think one thing that I do find interesting is and this has been a topic of discussion with regards to legitimacy of TSC versus not and all these kind of things whether we agree with them or not. I think one thing that is really interesting is saying how dops empower let's say different structures different coordination layers that exist within an MBO or outside an MBO or as an MBO in and of itself.

Alexandre Maaza: So for example how do we ensure that a substructure within that organization gets the appropriate legitimacy on chain from DREPs. Right? So for example with intersect and the first budget vote ecclesia was used as a first signaling device where DREPs actually registered and did some kind of voting. and then now it's going to be about okay how do we break this up into different budget tranches or whatever it might be right so I think it's risky conflating the two because then we're kind of like you said we're tying a the membership to an organization which may or may not kind of overlap but it's worth exploring I don't know if it needs a working group. but it's definitely worth discussing and maybe documenting.

00:50:00

Darlington Wleh: Yeah, I think we should definitely discuss it and maybe even rings over the ISC at some point. I will say to both text and Alex's comment, interex money is interex money. There's no restriction. Interex can use his own money whether he wants to state it or not. The constitution is talking about money removed from the treasury that is within custody.

Alexandre Maaza: Yes.

Darlington Wleh: If Intercept wants to say, "Hey, for you to join my group, you deposited 500 AD into our smart contract." That solves the accidental unregistration thing. We get the schedule rewards. When you want to not be a member anymore, you go back to the smart contract membership portal and you enjoy your ADA. All of these things technology wise already exist.

Darlington Wleh: It does bring NST closer to driving and vibing with blockchain technology I think. So that's a plus. again the amounts that can be discussed is appropriate or 300 or 250 and I mean is not a blockchain company but it is serving a blockchain community. it makes a lot of sense I think at least can see it till it's f to end or it's successful and

Alexandre Maaza: In my view, we're making simple things a little bit too complicated when there's I think other topics that are lowhanging fruit that could really kind of accelerate. No, I Marine, I see you laughing, but I really do think that it's a cool idea, but is it important and is it urgent?

Maureen Wepngong: Yeah, I mean I still can't register on intersect with my wallet.

Alexandre Maaza: What wallet?

Maureen Wepngong: Let's talk about that, your Roy.

Alexandre Maaza: You can register an intersect with a wallet.

Terence McCutcheon: Are you saying you still can't pay with your Yuroy wallet? Okay.

Maureen Wepngong: Yeah, I still can't or...

Darlington Wleh: Found a ticket.

Maureen Wepngong: my card. Yeah, I did complain a couple of times.

Maureen Wepngong: I'm working with the Bruno to fix that.

Alexandre Maaza: Moren, if you're on a sanctions list,...

Alexandre Maaza: there's nothing we can do to help you. This is a joke for the record.

Darlington Wleh: on the car thing. Yeah.

Maureen Wepngong: I No, no, no. I mean, I don't mind the card, but come on. The wallet is a bit annoying...

Alexandre Maaza: agreed. ...

Maureen Wepngong: because It's a Cardano thing. All wallets should work. That's what I'm saying.

Darlington Wleh: 100%.

Alexandre Maaza: but I really do think that this as much as it is a great idea, when I take a first read at this, it seems like it increases the kind of operational costs for Intersect for what is essentially a nice to have. versus, what I see the MCC's job is to really bring additional value to the membership in the simplest, most efficient ways possible. and just reading through UT's thing, he argues with himself in a really nice way. it sounds complex.

Maureen Wepngong: I think it's a terrible idea.

Darlington Wleh: I need to read I think because as someone who writes code this is not complex at all. There's libraries in the market that does all this stuff. but yeah I should see what he's arguing what else he's adding that's making it complex.

Maureen Wepngong: I mean, we can try and then see how many members we have at the end of the day, right? The numbers would speak for themselves, I guess.

Darlington Wleh: I doubt any real solution will happen anytime soon. I think at this point they're just trying to even see the feasibility of the thing, right?

Alexandre Maaza: So I have a question for the MCC. Have you discussed what kinds of members you are aiming to retain, what kinds of members you're looking to attract, and what kinds of strategies you're looking to implement for both? because I think what we're looking at here is an initiative that fits under a defined key result that would fit under a broader goal. So that's one thing I'm trying to understand just from a key result and then an initiatives perspective. We have a tendency to kind of zero in on very specific things as an ecosystem and then sometimes kind of lose out on these things.

00:55:00

Alexandre Maaza: So I'm curious to understand what kind of goals is CC suggesting Intersect pursuit to improve the membership experience and grow the membership base. And if you don't have answers now, that's also fine. But I'd be curious to understand what work is being done on this.

Maureen Wepngong: Way to drop the gun on us, Alex.

Alexandre Maaza: I'm trying to structure a conversation. I want to contribute to it. But these are for me the most important questions as an MCC between now and Oob because realistically November and December is going to be pretty rough. what do we want to set out to achieve? And I'm just using a royal

we here because I want to support regardless of my status as a voting member. and I feel like it's quite important that we define certain goals, maybe key results and then initiatives that we can achieve this year as an organization, but also think, how does that roll over into 2026 and maybe 2020?

Alexandre Maaza: Yeah, 2026 is fair enough because that's the budget runway that Intersect is requesting. It's just a suggestion. but keen to hear some feedback on that if there is any.

Darlington Wleh: I think that's a great idea. I think what I was thinking was once we have a core chair that should be an exercise we do as a group on thinking about priorities for the rest of the year and some agenda items because the one that was set for the previous let's just say six month season was heavily focused around some of the budget items that we have to support those agenda items. and now with this new layer of the land, I personally have seen some opportunities to collaborate with the product committee on some of the stuff they want to do. opportunity to collaborate with catalyst and there's still the clarity about catalyst oversight and how that's going to work.

Darlington Wleh: So I think as a group maybe the two couple agenda items for next meeting text could be potentially an election for coach here and...

Darlington Wleh: then this topic on what we should be doing.

Terence McCutcheon: Yeah. ...

Terence McCutcheon: I'm going to try to close out the minutes this week because I'm really behind on that before you all or rather the group was behind so I got to catch it up. so I'll put that down and then if you desire have any desire to be a chair, please put your candidacy, in the MCC internal chat. that way I can put together a list and we can review anything that you provide if necessary. when we go to conduct that vote, please reach out to me at any time via DM. I may be a few hours lag. That's not typical. Typically I'll get right back to but just please drop any notes that you have. you can tag me in the channel or you can send me a DM either way.

Terence McCutcheon: But yeah no it's an internal right...

Maureen Wepngong: Yeah, I was under the impression that the whole chair and chair thing would be an internal thing where we vote in here, but now it looks like it's going to be a whole new campaign. Is that what I'm getting? Are we supposed to be counting?

Terence McCutcheon:

Terence McCutcheon: but in theory I can't speak for the fact or say that any more about the people sitting next to you here in this meeting. and so really, it's just an opportunity for you to present and say, "Hey, I think I could serve really well as a co-chair and then in this case, as I explained earlier, the eventual chair of the MCC come October." So, I guess it's kind of like a campaign, but you're just campaigning with the other members of MCC to say, "Hey, these are my thoughts. I'm committed to partaking or participating in decisions in an unbiased manner." whatever. I can't force self leadership, right? I can encourage it the best as possible.

01:00:00

Terence McCutcheon: Yes,...

Darlington Wleh: I will say I did in campaign. when the announcement was made six months ago, I said I will have to do it and I'm doing it. So, Life.

Maureen Wepngong: I think that's the way. Yeah. Okay.

Alexandre Maaza: Not everybody's as cool as you.

Alexandre Maaza: I nominate Marine.

Maureen Wepngong: Is it because of my PSP, Alex?

Alexandre Maaza: Not The one on Twitter. This one's new. I didn't know this one.

Darlington Wleh: We are at time.

Terence McCutcheon: we are at time. Please do look out for another meeting. Please do respond to that. Let us meet. I'm going to try to do my best to reach out to Nathan. if you all get any contact with them, please let them know to get in and whichever to message me at the very least, I'll send them another email and whatnot. but just want to make sure we hopefully don't lose a committee member in the midst of this here. but as soon as I can get something together, we'll try to get something at least with just the committee members so we can all, kind of talk to each other for at least a few minutes. that does not have to be related to a specific topic, just to get you all to know each other. So, Okay,...

Akheel F: Thank you everybody.

Terence McCutcheon: y'all in two weeks or sooner if I can get a schedule.

Darlington Wleh: Great. Thanks everyone.

Alexandre Maaza: Thanks everybody.

Alexandre Maaza: Take care.

Maureen Wepngong: Hi guys.

ha nguyen: Thank you.

Fanny wijaya: Thank you.

Sanjaya Wanigasekera: All right.

Sanjaya Wanigasekera: Bye, guys.

Maureen Wepngong: You in coffee.

Fanny wijaya: Thank you, Teran. Bye-bye.

ha nguyen: Thank you.

Fanny wijaya: Yeah. Thank you. Bye-bye.

ha nguyen: Bye-bye, Marin.

Maureen Wepngong: Hi Funny.

ha nguyen: Long time no How have you been?

Maureen Wepngong: Hi. I know, It's good to see you again. You're welcome.

ha nguyen: Yeah, I'm so happy to see you here. I want to go to your country. I want to go to, ...

Maureen Wepngong: Let me know when you want to come. I will host you. I have a big enough room for both of us.

ha nguyen: thank you. Yeah. See you again in the weekend next the meeting.

Maureen Wepngong: Yes. Thank you. Have a nice day.

ha nguyen: Thank you, Maris.

Meeting ended after 01:03:21 🖐️

This editable transcript was computer generated and might contain errors. People can also change the text after it was created.