How to Renew a Lapsed NFPA Membership
The steps below allow an NFPA member, with any membership level, to renew their membership.
Note: these steps are performed by the member. There is a different process for NFPA staff to renew a lapsed member. If you need assistance, please contact NFPA at 800-557-5238 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Login to the NFPA website at www.nfpaonline.org. Enter your email address and password in the upper-right. If you don’t know your password, click the Forgot Password link.
- When logged in, click the View Profile link in the upper-right.
- You are now viewing the My profile page.
- You should see a Change membership level button. Click the button.
If you see a different button like Renew or Stop recurring payments, then you are not lapsed yet. Check the Renewal due on date. If it is in the past, then you are in a 30-day grace period and your membership will become lapsed 30 days after your due date. Click the Renew button to renew and enter updated payment information.
- On the Change membership level screen select a membership level.
- Click the Next button.
- Now make any updates to your name, email address and contact information.
- Click the Update and next button.
- Confirm your information and new membership level
- Click the Confirm button.
- You now see a button Renew until (date). Click that button to update your contact and billing information. Your membership will be renewed or extended to the date on the button.
If you don’t see a Renew button, click the Change membership level button to select a membership level.
- Review your contact info and update as needed. Then click Update and next.
- On the next screen, click the Confirm button.
- On the next screen, click the Pay online button.
- You can now enter your new credit card information and click the Pay button.
- Finally, you should see a Payment successful screen.
Your membership is now renewed. If you need further assistance, please contact NFPA at 800-557-5238 or email@example.com.
National Foster Parent Association -- updated Oct-2015