(Public Relations Officer,
B-6, Nirala Nagar, Lucknow, U.P., India.
+91 9935011690, 8004904411
Date of Birth : 15th May’ 1961
Sex : Male
Nationality : Indian
Marital Status: Married
Over 25 Years
- B.Sc. from Roohelkhand University in 1980.
- Post Graduate Diploma in Salesmanship & Human Relations from BRC Institute, Chandigarh in 1981.
- Post Graduate Diploma in Journalism & Mass Communications from Bharti Vidya Bhawan, Mumbai in 1994.
- M.B.A. from National Institute of Business Management, Chennai in 2006.
- Public Relations Officer at SGPGIMS, Lucknow for 11 years from Jan’1997 to Dec’2003. Then again as PRO from Jan’2009 and till date. This is a CLASS ONE Officer Position.
- Chief Executive Officer at Amartech Convergence India Pvt Ltd, Lucknow (An Indo-Canadian BPO) for 05 years during Employment Leave from SGPGIMS w.e.f. Jan’2004 to Dec’2008.
- Assistant Public Relations Officer at SGPGIMS, Lucknow for 08 years from May’1989 to Dec’1996.
- Sales Executive at Hotel Clarks Awadh, Lucknow (A Five Star Hotel) for 01 year from 1988 to April’1989.
Core Functional Strengths
- Operation/Workforce Management
- Public Relations & Media Planning
- Client Relationship Management
- ITES Infrastructure Management
- Facilities /Asset Management
- Budgeting / Cost Analysis
- Team Management/ Development & Legal Compliances
- Liaison with Government & Various Agencies
Prof. R. K. Sharma
(Former Director, SGPGIMS, Lucknow)
Prof. Rakesh Kapoor
(Director, SGPGIMS, Lucknow)
Result oriented and self driven leader with over 25 years of experience in the areas of Project Management, Strategy Planning, Public Relations, Liaison, Protocol & Media Planning. Currently serving at Sanjay Gandhi Post Graduate Institute of Medical Sciences, Lucknow. During the tenure of working at SGPGI I got the opportunity to work outside PGI for FIVE YEARS from 2004 to 2008. A chance to learn & perform in completely a diversified area of operations where I established the first BPO of Lucknow and formed an INDO-CANADIAN organization where I was heading the entire operations as “CHIEF EXECUTIVE OFFICER” of the company. A keen strategist, planner and implementer with expertise in devising strategies aimed at enhancing overall organizational growth, sustained profitability of operations and improved business performance. Motivated by internal standards of performance to deliver quality results. An inspiring leader and communicator with strong interpersonal, analytical and relationship management skills. Excellent PR skills with the ability to relate to people at any level of business for the growth of the organization.
MAJOR TURNING POINT IN THE CAREER
I always endeavoured to become a top-notch professional & reach the pinnacle of my career, thereby, creating plenty of Job opportunities for the young work force.
As I was serving the Government organization and hence it was not possible to quit the job and do something new and exciting. In 2003 Government of UP announced a very INNOVATIVE Govt. Order which was “Provision of Employment Leave for Govt. Officers”, wherein one could take FIVE YEARS leave on half salary and join the private sector or start his own business. I was the first one in the entire State of U.P. to avail this Employment Leave.
Woking as a Government official at SGPGI within confined & specified area I couldn’t get enough opportunity to showcase my professional ingenuity and hence by availing the Employment Leave from Jan’2004, I could prove my mettle in the corporate world.
I always believed in “TARGET DRIVEN APPROCH with POSITIVE ATTITUDE & DEDICATION” towards the assigned job.
CURRENT WORK PROFILE
SGPGI is one of the three Premium Institutions known for MEDICAL EXCELLENCE in the country. To be the part of initial set up of such organization is in itself a matter of pride. As SGPGIMS was the premium project for Govt. of UP and was to be established in the technical collaboration with Japan Govt. & France Govt. So, I got the opportunity to work & coordinate with very high profile Technocrats in the field of Medicine and Engineering.
I report to the Director of the Institute. During my tenure at SGPGI I have worked very closely with several internationally known personalities of the Medical field. My core work profile at SGPGI is Media Planning, Press Conferences, Liaison, Arranging National & International Medical Conferences & Protocol of the dignitaries visiting the Institute.
- Since Jan’09 with Sanjay Gandhi Post Graduate Institute of Medical Sciences, Lucknow. (SGPGI-An autonomous body of the State Government) as Public Relations Officer. (Joined Back after FIVE Years). Joined back my services at SGPGI as Public Relations Officer on 3rd of Jan’09. Looking after the Protocol, Media, Liaoning with Government at various levels. Reporting to Director, SGPGI who is the Head of the Institute.
- From January’04 to December’08 with Amartech Convergence India Pvt. Ltd. as Chief Executive Officer for 05 Years (An Indo-Canadian Venture), Package- 15 Lacs Per Annum.
- August’89 to Dec’03 with Sanjay Gandhi Post Graduate Institute of Medical Sciences, Lucknow as Assistant Public Relations Officer from Aug’89 to Dec’96.
- Promoted to the post of Public Relations Officer in Jan’97 .
MAJOR ACHIEVEMENTS & KRA’s
Spearheading complete Call Centre operations at Amartech Convergence India Pvt. Ltd.:
- Call Centre operations for Bharti Airtel Ltd., Idea Cellular Ltd. & Uninor Ltd. for their UP East circle which included post paid and pre paid customer care helpline and various processes as per the need of the client time to time.
- Capacity planning and infrastructure deployment at contact centre.
- Ensuring the 100% achievement of National Quality Benchmarks of calls Audits.
- Process Mapping and Implementation for Call Centre Operations
- Implementation of Training and Certification process to maintain service quality as per the defined standards of all the Clients.
- Many times topped in whole of the country in several processes of these telecom operators as per their SLA’s and other parameters.
- Heading complete operations for a team of 800 CCE’s, the Management Team including client servicing and customer interaction.
- Involved in Traffic analysis and projections for expansion of operation. Have successfully ensured SLA achievement and better efficiency through implementation of Quality measures.
- Ensure adherence to the laid down System processes, Service standards and Compliance.
- Ensuring operational costs are optimised through setting of right-sized operational processes and proper allocation of resources.
- Ensuring high motivational level of the team and maintaining retention of manpower.
- To advise and implement interventions to improve Emotional Quotient of employees. It was the talk of the industry that our Call Centre has minimum attrition rate of 2 to 3 % (A News item published In The Hindustan Times, Lucknow Edition for the same).
- I was able to retain Top Management & Top Technical Personnel of our BPO as I believe that if the Core Team is retained for a longer period then it adds to the enormous growth of any organization.
1988 to April’1989 with Hotel Clarks Avadh, Lucknow as Sales Executive. (A Five Star Hotel at Lucknow. It’s a chain of Hotels having its Units at Jaipur, Agra, Deharadun, NOIDA, etc.)
- Looking after the Sales of the F & B and Business Development.
- Bringing new Corporate Clients.
- Taking care of the Public Relations activities of the Hotel.
- Budgeting & Planning of Food Cost.
- Several miscellaneous jobs assigned by the General Manager of the Hotel time to time.
HONORARY ASSIGNMENTS & FEW ACHIEVEMENTS
- Recently World Kabaddi Federation has given the position of Global Head, Media & Marketing.
- On 13th-Oct’2015 I was the Chief Guest of Strokes Colour Art Gallery by Rahul Rai at Sangeet Kala Academy, Aliganj, Lucknow.
- On 29th-Oct’2015 received “Hanumat Kripa Samman” for good work done for creating Road Safety Awareness at Ramleela Ground, Sadar Cantt, Lucknow.
- Member of Association of Knowledge Workers at Lucknow. This is the forum where all Top & Known personalities from various fields are the members and playing a very important role in bringing Lucknow on the International Map, mainly in the field of BPO, Medical, NGO’S, Environment, etc.
- Attended workshop organized by CII where SIDBI & RBI have participated and discussed several issues related to financing of Institutions & few new concepts such as Venture Capitalist, etc.
- Participated in Various Meetings held by STPI & also by Government of Uttar Pradesh in relation to the development of IT & ITES sector in Lucknow.
- My complete profile was published in The Hindustan Times, Lucknow edition in their column “WE”.
- Recently Hindustan, Lucknow has featured my profile on half page.
- Several times my interviews have been published by The Times of India, Hindustan Times & Hindustan (Hindi edition).
- One of the TV Channels has telecasted my interview in “The Personality of the Week” programme.
- My interview was published in one of the very prestigious magazine Voice & Data and also in The DQ Week.
- Very recently my Interview with complete profile was published in Dainik Jagran, Lucknow under their column “Shaksiyat”.
- Holding the Honorary position of Chief Coordinator, Media Committee of International Council for Cricket of School Children organized by CMS group of Schools.
- Appreciation letters given by different Directors of SGPGI including the last Director Prof. R. K. Sharma.
Founded “SHUBHAM SOTI FOUNDATION” & “SHUBHAM SOTI MEMORIAL TRUST” in the fond memories of my beloved son ‘Shubham’ whom I lost in a road accident on 15th-July’2010. Undertaking various social activities in the following areas:
- Shubham Soti Scholarship for All Rounder Student of the Year. This scholarship carries Rs.10, 000, A Certificate and A Trophy.
- Adopted seven needy children and sponsoring their Studies including expanses for Uniform, Books, etc.
- Awareness Campaigns on Traffic Safety is the major focus area of the Foundation.
- Shubham Soti Cricket Club regd. with Cricket Association of Lko and currently one of the top most cricket club of Lucknow.
- Launched Volunteer Services at SGPGI in collaboration with Arogya Kalyan Nyas.
My major Thrust is to create awareness on Road Traffic Safety:
- Since last five years I am organizing various campaigns in the city of Lucknow on regular basis such as WALKATHON ON ROAD SAFETY, QUIZ ON ROAD SAFETY in Schools and DRAWING COMPETITIONS in Schools where the theme is Road Safety.
- Recently NDTV has covered our event on “Don’t Drink and Drive Initiative”, which was shown live on NDTV.
- Our story and initiative on Road Safety was covered by “AAJ TAK” in their “News Bulletin” and “Headlines Today” in their “Good Morning News” programme.
- Amir Khan’s “Satyamev Jayate” team came to Lucknow for my interview for their programme and which can be seen even now on their Website.
- In the months of Jan’15 & Feb’15 we are organizing the “Drive Lucknow Campaign” of “Times of India”, where we are holding Workshops on Road Safety in Schools, Colleges & Corporates.
- Under “Drive Lucknow” campaign we are organizing several on ground activities for promoting Road Safety.
- Lucknow Traffic Police has given the Honour for the work done by our organization Shubham Soti Foundation in the area of Creating Awareness on Road Safety.