Get a head start on your college degree by taking online courses through the SWEETWATER SCHOOL’S PARTNERSHIP UNION HIGH
with Grand Canyon University
Sweetwater Union High School District, in partnership with Grand Canyon University, is providing high school students with an affordable and efficient way to gain a head start on their college degree. Courses are 100 percent online, so they can be taken anywhere and anytime the student can access a computer on their own time.
HOW IT WORKS
• Courses are offered online and are instructor led
• Students earn four college credits
• Each class is seven weeks long and includes weekly assignments and participation in class discussion
• Students have access to academic resources including GCU’s online library, tutoring, web-based tutorials and career services STUDENT QUALIFICATIONS
• Available to Juniors and Seniors
• GPA of 3.0* or above
• GPA of 2.5 -2.9 with counselor recommendation *Based on unweighted GPA TUITION
• $52.50 per credit
• Students earn four credits at a cost of $210 per course
• E-Book: $85.00 + tax* *some courses may require a textbook
• Communications • Environmental Science
• Economics • History
• English • Justice Studies
• Math Contact Grand Canyon University for a complete list of courses at 602-639-6808 or email email@example.com TRANSFERABILITY It is up to the receiving institution to determine whether to accept credits from other universities. Grand Canyon University (GCU) is regionally accredited by the Higher Learning Commission and most state universities will accept credits from regionally accredited institutions. GCU will transfer all credits earned while in high school into its degree programs. Other institutions’ policies will vary. Students may earn up to 24 credits (six classes) at the rate of $52.50 per credit. Tuition for additional courses is $290 per credit.
FOR MORE INFORMATION CALL 602-639-6808
Grand Canyon University is regionally accredited by the Higher Learning Commission of the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools. (800-621-7440; http://www.ncahlc.org/). For more information about our graduation rates, the median debt of students who completed the program, and other important information, please visit our website at gcu.edu/disclosures. Please note, not all GCU programs are available in all states and in all learning modalities. Program availability is contingent on student enrollment.