7.02 Facility Rental Policy
Date of Review: Mar 2016
Expiry Date: Mar 2017
Accountability: COO / Maint Ctte
- The main purpose of the gymnasium and kitchen facilities is educational, and secondly, to serve the Christian community for religious or recreational activities, weddings and anniversaries. Renting Christian organizations or individuals would conduct activities which are consistent with our statement of faith as expressed in our By-Laws Policy 1.02. The Board of Immanuel Christian School reserves the right to refuse the use of the school facilities and the Board is under no obligation to give reasons for such refusals.
- The applicant shall assume full responsibility for the conduct of those in his/her party using the facilities and is solely responsible for any claims arising out of improper supervision or arising in any other manner, be that facilities, equipment, etc. The Board is not responsible for personal injury or damage, or for the loss or theft of personal effects or equipment of the applicant or for any person attending on the invitation of the applicant. Damage to the building or equipment, misuse of facilities, or lack of adequate supervision may result in the cancellation of further meetings; the cost of repairing any damage shall be charged to the applicant. The applicant or your organization is responsible for the cost of a false fire alarm call should a pull station be activated. Bills incurred by the Fire Department will be charged to the applicant.
- Liability insurance of $2,000,000 is recommended. Renters must provide proof of at least $1,000,000 general commercial or personal liability and bodily injury / property damage insurance (a homeowner’s insurance often covers this). Event insurance may be obtained through an extension of a personal insurance policy, through brokers, or online through agencies such as PAL Insurance Canada (www.palcanada.com) or as “special risk” on the school insurance policy (see the office for a quote)
- A non-refundable deposit of 50% of the rental fee is required at the time of booking. The premises must be vacated by the time arranged to allow for sufficient cleaning time. The applicant is responsible for leaving the room(s) used in a suitable and fit condition after each use.
- Liquor of any kind is prohibited at all meetings except wedding receptions and anniversaries, where wine may be served (two servings per adult). Arrangement for a liquor license is the applicant’s responsibility. Smoking is prohibited in the school building and on the school grounds. Confetti is not permitted on the school property.
- The maximum seating capacities are: (a) standing 789, (b) seating (421), (c) tables and chairs 332, and (d) receptions 287. ICS does not have tables and chairs to seat up to the maximum numbers.
- The applicant is responsible for ensuring that proper footwear is worn for recreational activities. Only shoes with non-marking soles may be worn in the gym during sport activities.
- No peanuts or peanut-based products are allowed anywhere within the school building, including the gym and kitchen. Refer to the Anaphylaxis Policy posted on the bulletin board in the kitchen.
- Once booked, the school principal will make every reasonable effort to plan school activities around rental dates. In the event that this is impossible and it becomes necessary to change a rental date, a refund will be given. This will be an extreme exception.
- Rentals on Sundays will be only for family functions (birthdays, anniversaries, etc.) and church events. Parking must be negotiated with the Aylmer Christian Reformed Church for am and pm services.
- Special relationship with Aylmer Christian Reformed Church: Based on a shared history, ICS and ACRC share a commitment to Christian education. Both facilities support Christian education at various times. ICS does not charge ACRC rental fees. Normal booking arrangements and conditions apply.
7.03 Appendix A – ICS Booking Form
Print Name and Group (if applicable) ____________________________
Contact phone # / email: ______________________________
Booking Date and Details of the Event:: ___________________________________
Special Arrangements? (examples: mics, tables, chairs, equipment by arrangement with Principal)
□ entered in the ICS booking book
□ entered in the ICS Google calendar
□ copy of $1M insurance certificate received Expiry date:
Fee Payment (a copy of this form serves as the receipt):
Rental Fee ______________________________
Deposit Received ______________ Date __________________
Amount Owing ________________ Paid on _______________ by cheque #_____ or _____ cash
I have read, understood and will abide by the ICS Facility Rental Policy 7.03 (copied on the reverse of this form).
Signature of Applicant Date
School Official Date
7.03 Appendix B Gym Equipment Room Use
- equipment use is only permitted by special arrangement with the Principal at the time of booking.
- rental rates will be set depending on the type of use. As a rule, we aim for rental income to offset wear and tear (not damages) and allow us to keep up equipment standards.
- equipment used must be age appropriate:
- playground and dodgeballs: all ages
- scooter boards: all ages, stack when done
- rubber soccer balls: all ages
- leather soccer balls: gr 3 and up
- volleyballs and basketballs: gr 3 and up
- plastic badminton rackets and standalone nets: JK - gr 4
- metal badminton rackets and official nets: gr 5 and up
- primary floor hockey: JK - gr 4
- junior / intermediate (longer length) floor hockey: gr 5 and up
- specialized equipment will only be used by qualified instructors (OCT, coaching certificate, or suitable experience as determined by the Principal):
- all track and field equipment
- any problems / damages, please report them to the office promptly