Try to announce meetups a month or so in advance.
Announcing a meetup:
Start at the event series page: http://lanyrd.com/series/bonnagile/
* Click "Add new event in this series"
* Fill in form (maybe check previous events for consistency) and submit
* Click "Edit details", then add information under "Dates & Times", "Venues", "Speakers", save changes
* Click "Claim this event"
* optionally add co-organizers via "Edit staff"
TODO: Automate some of the above?
Try to cover our main channels with the same information:
Mailing list (default main channel)
Xing (main channel, if event)
Google+ Community (for discussion)
Google+ Page (a “personality” representing the Bonn Agile moderators)
- also reachable through http://gplus.to/bonnagile
Include mention of the next meetup (when, where, what) in any communication, if appropriate.
Always link to Xing event when mentioning future event.
Use Xing as the main information source for events.
Avoid Xing for any other information - but for very important messages, Group messages can be used. Be careful, because people quickly get annoyed at this.
Try to include cross-links to the other information channels. It could be people who discover us on Twitter would rather follow us on Google+, etc.
If linking to the mailing list or blog, link to respective thread in Google Groups or blog-post.
For permanent secondary information (like this document), use the Google Site.
Example signature with cross-links (text-version):
=== Bonn Agile Meetup ===
- Discuss: http://groups.google.com/group/bonnagile
- Twitter: http://twitter.com/bonnagile
- Softwerkskammer: https://www.softwerkskammer.org/groups/bonn
- Hashtag: #bonnagile
- Homepage: http://sites.google.com/site/bonnagile/
(not used anymore: Google Plus: http://gplus.to/bonnagile=
Checklist for adding/removing people from Bonn Agile Moderators