“Drawing and Painting competition”
on the occasion of “Gandhi Nirvan Din” (30th January, 2015)
organized by Government of Gujarat, Gujarat State
C.K.Pithawalla College of Engineering & Technology, Surat.
Prepared By: Prof.Ami Tusharkant Choksi
(Coordinator of “Drawing and Painting competition”,
Faculty coordinator of “Fine Arts” club of CKPCET,
Associate professor, Computer Engineering Department, CKPCET)
- The Gujarat State Government has instructed to organize Drawing and Painting competitions at all schools/colleges of Gujarat State with the caring and ambitious aims of (i) discovering artistic personality of each student of the Gujarat State and (ii) publishing the Gujarat state government’s name in the “Limca Book of World Records” by maximizing the participation in the competition.
- Dr.Ninad Bhatt (DIC, ECC) attended the meeting of the same in GTU meeting and got the information about the above. He and principal sir provided us the information.
- Registration form was discussed and decided with the principal sir on 22/1/2014.
- Registration form was first designed using Google form by Mr. Razin Tailor (BE-II(Computer), 4th semester), the student coordinator of the “painting competition” , then modified by me on 22/1/2014.
- The rules of the competition were specified by the Gujarat State Government.
- The notice to the students/faculties about the competition and rules were mailed by Mr.Ashiwinbhai Patel (Students’ section, Admin).
- The web committee [Prof. Yogesh Kapuriya (Assistant Professor, CO) and Mr.Jijeesh Baburajan (Lecturer, CO)] quickly uploaded the details on the college website with more comfortable options to the students on 23/1/2014.
- Whole college staff advertised the events very nicely. We all staff have heartily motivated the students to participate in the competition, thereby to support the ambitious aim of the Gujarat State Government. We are lucky to have very good staff for the support of any event at college.
- People motivated the students for the competition are as follows:
- Civil Department: as per the information got from Dr.Priti Patel(DIC, CI)mam
- Prof. Nirav Umraviya supported students in getting registered.
- Dr. Priti Patel mam and her student Mr.Axay Chauhan(4th Civil, student coordinator of “Fine arts” club of CKPCET)
- Computer Department: as per the information got from Prof.Neelam Surti (DIC, CO)
- Prof. Diptee N. Kalola (IVth year CO)
- Prof. Vivaksha J. Jariwala (IIIrd year CO)
- Prof. Saurabh S. Tandel (IInd CO)
- Prof. Ami Choksi (Faculty coordinator of the “Drawing Competition”) and my student Mr.Razin Tailor (2nd Computer)
- Electrical Department: Dr. Naimish Zaveri (DIC, EL and the event coordinator) himself motivated his students, as well as, roamed the departments, where less students entries were there and motivated students to participate.
- Electronics and Communication Department: as per the information got from Dr. Ninad Bhatt (DIC, ECC)
- Prof. Vijayendra Desai
- Dr. Ninad Bhatt
- Mechanical Department: as per the information got from Dr.Sonal Desai mam (DIC, Mech)
- Prof. Bhadrik Patel
- Prof. Mahesh Patel
- Prof. Sumit Y Patel
- Dr.Vikas Patel sir (In Charge of All Clubs of our college).
- 101 students registered for the competition. Branchwise,
- Civil => 12 students
- Computer => 29 students
- Electrical => 21 students
- Electronics and Communication => 20 students
- Mechanical => 19 students
- 95 students actually participated for the competition.
- Mrs.Mala(Teacher, P.P. Savani School), Ms.Priti(Artist) and Mr.Mausam (Artist and teacher, S.D.Jain School as well as pass out student of our college) judged the participants. They appreciated the good participation and very good creativity of our students.
- Apart from the advertisement and motivation to students, few other staff supported the drawing competitions, their names and contributions are:
- Prof. Bhumika Patel(CO) helped me in preparing registered students list.
- Karan(CO peon) waited till 6:30 pm in our lab, as I was organizing the list of registered participants and mailing to the event coordinator and principal, so that they can forward ASAP to GTU.
- Mr.Bipinbhai Patel (Stationary in charge of our college) and Rahulbhai (peon, admin) supported in arranging drawing sheets with the instructions of Dr.Naimish Zaveri.
- Mukeshbhai (Lab assistant, CO) arranged the LCD requirement at seminar hall.
- Prof. Saurabh Tandel (CO) brought the registered participants list from department to the seminar hall.
- Prof. Arpita Shah (EL) without eating anything, supported me throughout the drawing competition.
- Prof. Manan Shah (EL), was continually there to support.
- Prof. Viral Rana (EL), was capturing the photos himself.
- Chetanbhai, Hemantbhai, and Sureshbhai (ECC peons) supported the competition by helping seminar hall organization and caring juries.
- Dr. Sonal Desai (Mech) mam, supported in all possible ways to support the competition and me.
- Mr. Ankur Mistry (Mech) supervised the students for few minutes.
- Vijaybhai, Rajubhai and Bestbhai (Mech peons) moved the drawing sheets as per the requirement.
- Vikrambhai (Lab assistant, Mech) supported by providing fullscape papers to juries.
- Dr.Ninad Bhatt (DIC, ECC) supported by allowing the judgement process of “Drawing competition” in his cabin.
- Many faculties from various departments, visited the drawing competition and appreciated the creativity of students, thereby motivated the participating students.
- The faculties who were not able to see all drawings because of their lecture schedules, they requested me to organize the exhibition of the drawings.
- As per the information received from Prof.Vijayendra Desai(faculty coordinator of “Photography Club” of our college), following students, under his guidance, captured the photos of the event.
- Mr.Harshal Orawala, (3rd CO)
- Mr.Harnish Choksi , (3rd ECC, B Div)
- Mr.Mukesh Mishra , (2nd ECC, A Div)
- 30/1/2015 : Dr.Naimish Zaveri (Associate Professor and DIC of Electrical Department and overall Event coordinator) sponsored the tea and breakfast to the juries and other dignitaries.
- 30/1/2015 : Dr.Naimish Zaveri (Associate Professor and DIC of Electrical Department and overall Event coordinator) sponsored the cash prizes to the winners of the “Drawing competition”. The juries found on 3rd position, two winners should be there, on knowing which we thought to divide the cash prizes in two winners of 3rd rank. That time, Dr.Ninad Bhatt (DIC, ECC) supported by sponsoring that prize money instead of division. Dr.Naimish sponsored the mementoes to juries too.
- 31/1/2015 : Dr.Naimish Zaveri (Associate Professor and DIC of Electrical Department and overall Event coordinator) arranged a small get together of students and faculty coordinators of the competitions to encourage the students. He even motivated by sponsoring cash money to students coordinators.
- Winners are:
1. Yash Trivedi (2nd year Mech)
2. Urvi Butani (2nd year El)
3. Moxanki Bhavsar(4th year ECC)
3. Nikita Patel (4th year CO)