Ossining Girl Scouts
These two routes can be done individually or together, depending on how much time you have! Directions are provided to connect from Route A to Route B. (The total time to drive both routes together could take 1.5-2 hours.) Note: Do not drive and read these at the same time. Please have a passenger read the directions, for safety!
1. Start at Ryder Park on Morningside Drive.
Troop 1606's Emoji Girl and Troop 2042's scarecrow will greet you at the entrance
2. Leaving Ryder Park, turn right on Morningside Drive and proceed to the end.
3. Turn right on Chappaqua Road.
4. Cross Route 9A and merge onto Pleasantville Road on the other side.
5. Bear right onto Pleasantville Road.
Look to your right at Osage Drive West to see Troop 1300's Ghostbuster and Troop 2293's Witchella
Keep an eye on your left at Wishnie Park to see Troop 2226's Vito the Pizza Man and Troop 2238's Scare-lor Swift
6. Proceed through light at Ramapo Road and pass by Chilmark Shopping Center on your left.
Look left to see Troop 2233's Fawn the Hippie at Underhill Road
7. Continue straight on Pleasantville Road to the next light. Turn right on Croton Avenue.
8. Proceed to next light and turn left on Campwoods Road. Take it to the stop sign at the end and bear left onto Narragansett Avenue.
9. Proceed down Narragansett to Veterans Park. Turn right and proceed to the flagpole straight ahead.
Beware of two vampire scarecrows ahead: Troop 2587's Mr. Dapper and Troop 2034's Elena Von Dracula
END OF ROUTE A
To connect to Route B:
Drive around the Veterans Park flagpole and go back to Narragansett Road.
Turn right on Narragansett. At the stop sign, bear left and drive to the end.
Turn right on Croton Dam Road/Route 134.
At the light, turn left on Route 9A North.
Exit at Cedar Lane. At the end of the exit ramp, turn left onto Cedar Lane.
Proceed a short distance to see Cedar Lane Park on your left.
1. Start at Cedar Lane Park on Cedar Lane.
Troop 2295's Samara and Annabelle will greet you at the entrance
2. Leaving Cedar Lane Park, turn right on Cedar Lane.
3. Go under the Route 9A overpass and continue straight ahead. Where Cedar Lane bears left, you should bear RIGHT onto Ogden Road.
4. Continue down Ogden Road to the end and turn left on Old Albany Post Road.
5. Turn left on Route 9. Proceed south.
Look right at the Old Croton Aqueduct and "Welcome to Ossining" sign to see Troop 2229's Glamawitch
6. Continue south on Route 9.
At the light at Cedar Lane, look to your left to see Troop 2205's Angelita
7. Continue south on Route 9 and turn right on Aqueduct Street.
Look for Troop 1209's Brownie Elf on your left, on the corner of Aqueduct St. and Route 9
8. Continue down Aqueduct St. and turn left on Ann Street.
9. Bear left onto Broadway and continue toward the Joseph Caputo Community Center on your left.
Check out Troop 2237's Pikachu and 2347's Super Crow at the Community Center
10. Continue up Broadway toward Route 9.
Check out Troop 1292's Spooky Sport to your left, on the corner of Broadway and Route 9
11. Turn right on Route 9 and stay to the right. Turn right onto Main Street…
…and don't miss two scarecrows in front of the bank building: Troop 2045's Farmer Ethel and Troop 1298's Pretty Ghost
12. Proceed down Main Street and turn left on Spring Street at the light.
Look to your left to see Troop 1307's Olympian and Gothic scarecrows in Market Square.
13. Continue driving south on Spring Street. Turn left on Everett Road and drive up to Route 9.
14. Turn right on Route 9 and look for Nelson Park on your right.
Two scarecrows greet you: Troop 2342's Scarlett Scares and Troop 2341's Medossi.
15. Continue down Route 9 and turn right on Acker Ave., just after the Laundromat.
16. Take Acker Ave. to Spring Street. Turn right on Spring Street.
17. Continue a few blocks to Broad Street. Turn left at the blinking light.
18. Take Broad Street to the end and turn right on State Street.
19. Take State Street to the end and turn left on Main Street.
20. Proceed west (toward the Hudson River) on Main Street, crossing over the train tracks on a ramp. At the end of the ramp, turn right.
Troop 2353's Rosie the Princess and Troop 2065's Roxie are waiting for you (note: meter parking at the train station is free on weekends but requires a fee on weekdays)
21. Make a U-turn and go back up over the ramp to Main Street. Continue through town, past the Post Office and other stores, to the light at Route 9. Turn left on Route 9.
22. Get to the right to turn right on Croton Avenue/Route 133.
23. Proceed up Croton Avenue past C-Town and Roosevelt School. Slow down as you approach the overpass for Route 9A, after the gas station on your left.
Check out Harry Potter, Troop 2294's scarecrow, on your left, just after the overpass next to the "Welcome to Ossining" sign
END OF ROUTE B