MONTCLAIR PTO

MEETING Minutes

May 17, 2017

  1. Call to order - 7:04

  1. Approve April meeting minutes video - moved, seconded, motion carries

  1. Principal update – Sean Leverty

a.        Hawkeye Printing

        School account with DocuMart - ~5000 Hawkeyes for ~ $128 - order placed, may save volunteer time to be used in classrooms

        b. New night custodian - Norman Eade - welcome to Montclair!

  1. Teacher Liaison update – Amanda Elliott
  1. Second Staff appreciation lunch was today - thank you to 4th grade parents!

  1. President update – Mike Pringle
  1. Updates (MVP Class)  - Corrina, Becky and Mike attended at District office
  2. Voting for next year’s PTO Board
  1. Lauren Dahl – Vice President - duly elected
  2. Ross Bradshaw – Treasurer - duly elected
  3. Becky O’Donnell – Volunteer Coordinator - duly elected
  4. Corrina Yballe – Volunteer Coordinator - duly elected
  1. Thank you to outgoing to Board members, Kelley, Robynn, Abe and Amy!  

  1. Vice President update – Robynn Schillace
  1. Round the world intros
  2. Sweetheart Dance ( over $1300 raised!) -
  3. Box Top Coordinator for next year please see Lauren Dahl - project perhaps for 5th graders?...
  4. PlayFitFun - Tuesday mornings from 7:40-8:10 - Spencer Rubin...free to try for the next two weeks 5/23, 5/30 - sign waiver if you want to try out...available for all ages K-5
  5. Free Meals during the Summer for ages 1-18 at District schools - link at BSD

  1. Secretary update – Peter James
  1. Outgoing board members
  2. New Board member orientation

  1. Volunteer Coordinator update – Amy Nokes / Abe Martinez (Pringle will cover items)
  1. Auction update - Jake Shores, Courtney Cronk and Tracy Meurisse will continue to run Auction 2017-18 - thank you!
  2. MVP page - 401 registered volunteers
  3. Mornings with Mom and Those who love me - Ross Bradshaw - thanks to sponsors Alpenrose, Sesame, Starbucks, Garden Home Marketplace
  4. Hayhurst Elementary auction volunteers (Full)
  5. Jump Rope for Heart - only needs volunteers for prize distribution on a later date
  6. Field Day - June 22nd
  7. Log into MVP as much as you would like!
  8. Welcome to new VC’s! - Abe & Amy

  1. Treasurer update – Kelley Stine

a.        Budget Committee update (insert docs here)

b.        DOF$ - Bambuza ~$1200

c.   Proposed 17-18 Budget - motion to decrease the Hawkeye printing total to $0 and increase Gym Mat total by $750 - motion made, seconded, carried...overall budget increased $1650 from 16-17

  1. Round Table
  1. Abe Martinez - thank you for running Walk+Bike to school 5/10
  2. Yearbook - Robynn, Stacy Chase - DEADLINE to submit photos is NOW!  It goes to the printer ASAP!...Photo restrictions apply for some students, but feel free to submit, office staff will review.
  3. Media Opt-Out is all or none, will not allow Yearbook publishing, but disallow all other uses
  4. Maybe a June meeting?  Stay tuned….
  5. Suggestions about dates for 17-18 events?  Please email Mike, Peter or Sean with your ideas
  6. Future Ready Night - May 25th, 6pm

  1. Adjourn - Old Market Pub for drinks after! - 7:54pm