Musical Grapevine Guidelines
- Explain the format.
- Give “Oscar” to someone.
- Introduce your piece of music, explaining the link to the most recent piece of music on the program.
- Play 30secs of your music.
- Ask the person with “Oscar” to introduce their piece of music, and explain the link
- Having listened to a 30 second clip of music, the person with “Oscar” will introduce another piece of music explaining the link between the 2 pieces.
- The link could be …
- The Artist
- The Genre
- An Instrument
- A Lyric or the Song Title
- Or anything else
- If they cannot think of a link, they can pass “Oscar” on to the next person.
- The process continues until we run out of time.
- It may be best to start all music at about the 20 second mark, as some songs can have slow beginnings.
- Please do your best to keep this segment moving - a fast game is a good game.