Student: Accessing Collaborate Moodle ISU
This guide will show you how to access a Collaborate session through your Moodle course. You will also get a few tips for participating in a Collaborate session.
This guide will help you:
- Access a Collaborate Session
- Participate in a Collaborate Session
Access a Collaborate Session
- Login to Moodle ISU. For more information, see Student: Accessing Moodle ISU.
- Select the course you wish to access.
- Locate the correct topic/week of your course.
- Click on the the Collaborate Session link.
- This will bring you to the session information page.
- At the top of the page, Click Join Session.
- You may need to Click Download.
- A new window will open.
- Click OK to begin downloading the session.
Participate in a Collaborate Session
The following items are to help you participate in the Collaborate session.
- Talk - If you would like to talk, Click on the talk button located in the AUDIO & VIDEO box.
Note: Clicking the Talk or Video buttons will turn on/off the camera and mic.
- Chat - If you would like to send a message, Type it in the chat text box.
- Other Actions - There are several other actions you can make using the Participant block.
- Show an Emotion - Click on the face symbol and Select the emotion you want using the dropdown menu. The selected emotion will be shown next to your name in the Participants list.
- Step Away from the Session - If you would like to show your status as Away, Click on the head with the clock symbol.
- Raise your Hand - To raise your hand, Click on the hand icon.
- Respond to a Poll - To respond to a poll, Click on the checkmark and Select your response from the dropdown menu.
Note: If you have any questions or difficulties, contact your course instructor or the IT Help Desk (282-HELP).
This work was done by Instructional Technology Resource Center at Idaho State University and is licensed under the Creative Commons Unported License. To view a copy of this license, visit Attribution Noncommercial 3.0 United States or send a letter to Creative Commons, 444 Castro Street, Suite 900, Mountain View, California, 94041, USA.