POINT LOMA HIGH SCHOOL
For calendar events please see PLHS Master Calendar
BULLETIN NOTE: Please submit all items via e-mail to email@example.com no later than 10:00 a.m. the day prior to publication date. Items will be edited as needed.
Sunday, Feb. 27-Hopefully if we do not get rained out we will have “OUR ANNUAL ALUMNI BASEBALL GAME @ DANA MIDDLE SCHOOL, AT 1:00 P.M. THIS WILL BE A FUN GAME TO ATTEND, SO LET’S GO POINTERS”!
· SATURDAY SCHOOL PERMISSION SLIPS NEED TO BE TURNED IN TODAY !! IF YOU SHOW UP ON SATURDAY WITHOUT YOUR PERMISSION SLIP, YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO ATTEND.
· Transportation Students- If you are still using an old “Z Pass” from last year, you need to order a new pass. Print your first & last name, Bus Letter & Route on a piece of paper and leave it at Ms. Barbara’s desk in the Main Office. Thank-You.
· SENIORS- Please make sure to verify that your GPA was uploaded to the CAL GRANT WEB SYSTEM. You can do this by going to their Website. If you are having trouble please see the Registrar ( Mrs. Blake in the Counseling Office ) to verify. Please also make sure you complete the FAFSA to receive an award!
· Students looking for a job? Please check out the Job Board in the Library, there are some recent postings.
· More Senior News- We will have our first meeting to begin planning the prom next Wednesday, March 1st during lunch in Rm. 1003. We will discuss the theme for the Prom, so talk to your friends and come with great ideas.
· “ Attention CSF Members, applications for second semester are due. CSF Officers will be collecting applications in the quad during lunch for the next couple days, the deadline is Friday. Please bring your filled out application, copy of your report card/transcript, and your dues for the semester. Thank-You!
· Please remember to support our CSF with their Service Project, helping a Tijuana Orphanage. They are collecting everything and anything for these beautiful children. For more information please see Mr. McElhaney in Rm. 1052.
Lunch-Time Club Meetings
· Model United Nations-Rm. 1054
· Help The Homeless-Rm. 853
· Fandom-Rm. 603
· Leukemia- Rm. 605
· GSA-Rm. 203
· This summer the Devil Pups Summer Camp for 10 days- Free sponsored by the US Marines in Camp Pendleton, flyers regarding the camp is the Counseling Office.
· Michelle is your Cal SOAP College Peer Advisor and she is on Campus Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursdays from 8:30-2:00 p.m. She is located right next to the Finance Office. Please stop in if you need help with anything college related.
Every Tues-Thursday during lunch your Cal-Soap College Peer Advisor will be in her office available to help students with Financial Aid, FAFSA, and Scholarship searches. !
· The Mesa College Representative is here on Wednesday from 11:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m.. Seniors you can sign up to speak with Tommy if you have any questions, sign up on the clip board located in the Counseling Office.
· Attention Seniors- Maryville University will be on campus on March 9th; sign up for their presentation in the counseling office.
· California Coast Credit Union will be offering $15,000 in scholarships to high school seniors must be a member to apply.
· 3/4-ACT Practice Test sponsored by PLHSPA POP @ PLHS Rm. 452- 9:00-1:30 p.m.
Fee waivers for the SAT or ACT will be given out before, after school and during lunch stop by at those times and see Ms. Brown in the Counseling Office.
There are new Scholarships Available Please see Ms. Brown in The Counseling Office.
The Better Bureau Foundation Student Ambassador Program is extending an invitation to Juniors and Seniors, stop by the Counseling Office for an application.
· Boy’s Multi-Team JV Volleyball Scrimmage-Big Gym/Small Gym-2:30-8:00p.m.
· B & G Varsity Badminton Try-Outs- 2:30-5:00 p.m.
· La Jolla HS Men’s Volleyball Pre-Season Varsity, JV & Novice Scrimmage-3-8pm.
· SAT Practice Test sponsored by PLHSPA POP @ PLHS Rm. 452-9 am-1:30pm.
· SATURDAY SCHOOL-RM. 154-9:00-1:00- Do Not Arrive Late!!
· Softball Alumni Game@ PLHS Softball Field-9am-4:00 pm.
· Boy’s Varsity Basketball Play-Off Game will be held in the Big Gym, Saturday at 7:00 p.m. We will be playing Otay Ranch. Ticket Price: $9.00 Adult- $5.00 for Students. The Financial will be selling tickets tomorrow before school, lunchtime, and after-school. GO POINTERS !
Monday, February 20, 2017
Tuesday, February 21, 2017
Wednesday, February 22, 2017
Thursday, February 23, 2017
Friday, February 24, 2017
Saturday, February 25, 2017
Sunday, February 26, 2017