POINT LOMA HIGH SCHOOL
For calendar events please see PLHS Master Calendar
BULLETIN NOTE: Please submit all items via e-mail to email@example.com no later than 10:00 a.m. the day prior to publication date. Items will be edited as needed.
An important announcement from our new Vice-Principal, Mrs. Seaton.
“Are you looking for an opportunity to add to your resume or help your future college applications stand-out? If so, please consider volunteering to serve on the Point Loma School Site Council ( SSC ). This committee is comprised of teachers, staff, administration, parents, community members, and students.
We work together to review student achievement and oversee various programs in the school. School Site Council is the governing body that is responsible for deciding how to spend some of our funds to continuously improve instructional programs and student achievement.
SSC typically meets the 2nd Monday of each month and we ask that members serve two year terms. If you are interested please stop by VP Seaton’s Office to learn more.
· Our First Blood Drive is September 25th, in the Small Gym. Those 17 yrs. And older are able to donate, permission forms are outside of Rm. 405.
· IMIN is offering Drivers Education every Tuesday for the next five weeks.The class will be held in the Library Upper Lab- 2:30-3:30 p.m.
· After-School PE Class (every Wed & Friday to March 14 in the Dance Room- 3:30 pm.
· “Pointers don’t forget that Upper Level Tutoring is open after school today. If you are looking for extra help in math, please stop by! Also, Mini Soccer on the blacktop is today after school if you want to play a pick-up game of soccer. Everyone is welcome”.
· September 28th LifeTouch photography will be back for the final day of yearbook photos. LifeTouch will be in Room 301.
· STUDENTS- During lunch please do not enter the 100 Building. There is Math Tutoring during this time and we need it to be quiet in the hallways.
· Seniors that have not taken senior photos must call Prestige Portraits, please go to the website for further information.
· CSF Leadership Meetings will be held tomorrow in Room 301 from 7:30 am-12:11 p.m.
· Homecoming Dance tickets price is $24 or $18 with ASB Card. Note you need dance contract and ID purchase, during lunch and after school only.
· IMIN Drop In Center is open everyday after-school! All students are welcome to drop in play pool, foosball, ping-pong, do homework, and use computers. Bring your friends, we are located in Room 402.
COUNSELING OFFICE NEWS ;
PSAT Tests will be held 0ct. 10th- Cost of test is $16.00, please see Mr. Carter in Finance Office. The last day to purchase this test is Sept. 28, spaces are filling up fast!
· The Counseling Office will be having College visits soon, please go to the Counseling Office and see Ms. Liz for request form to attend the visit. There are several colleges that will be visiting. Here are just a few:
· 9/18- University of LaVerne-10:00-11:00 am- In the PAC
· 9/18- Swarthmore College-10:15-11:15- Rm. 301
· 9/19-Bentley University-10:00-PAC
· 9/19-MIT-8:00- Rm.301
· 9/19-University of San Francisco-1:15 in Room 301
· 9/25-Vanderbilt University-12:30p.m. in PAC
· 9/25-Rider University-1:00 p.m. in Rm. 301
There are no games scheduled for today.
MONDAY, SEPTEMBER 17, 2018
TUESDAY, SEPTEMBER 18, 2018
WEDNESDAY, SEPTEMBER 19, 2018
THURSDAY, SEPTEMBER 20, 2018
FRIDAY, SEPTEMBER 21, 2018
SATURDAY, SEPTEMBER 22, 2018
SUNDAY, SEPTEMBER 23, 2018