To author an original post, or thread, in the discussion board:
- Click the Discussion Board link on the course menu.
- Click on the name of the forum in which you would like to post a thread.
- Click the Create Thread button.
- Enter the thread Subject. This is similar to the subject line in an email and should be concise yet descriptive enough to encourage users to click on and read your thread.
- Now type your Message. This text box is where you add the body of your post.
- If needed, you can attach a file to your post using the “Browse My Computer” and “Browse Content Collection” buttons. If you would like to embed an attachment into the body of your post, such as an image or streaming sound clip, you can use the appropriate attachment buttons in the text box editor.
1. Video Everywhere: Record and embed a Youtube video without leaving Blackboard.
2. Attach file: Attach and upload typical file types, such as images, text documents, and powerpoint presentations.
3. Attach image: Embed an image directly into the body of your text.
4. Embed multimedia content: Embed and stream audio and video files. Users may need to install Windows Media Player or Quicktime to view or listen to your file.
5. Math editor: Add formulas and equations to your post.
6. Mashups: Embed Flickr, Youtube, and Slideshare content.
- When your message is completed, click Submit to post your thread. If you need to save an incomplete thread before posting, click the Save Draft button.