Items needed for internship:
- Riding boots: 2 pairs- unless you don’t mind getting a good pair muddy, and possibly ruined (a pair of muck/mud boots/overshoes work as well)
- Long -sleeved shirts- either t-shirts or button ups- if you want to ride in t-shirts and tank-tops that is fine, but sunburns are no fun!
- Sunscreen and lip balm with sunscreen
- Hats, caps or visors
- Wind-breaker/ sweatshirts/jacket (as it can be cold, even in July, here in SD)
- Swimsuit and appropriate river/swimming type shoes, such as flip flops or sandals.
- Dirty clothes bag/ laundry, as hampers are not provided.
- If you have your own saddle and want to bring it, please feel free.
- Notebook/laptop. Hi-speed internet is provided.
If you are allergic to any foods, please provide a list.
We’ll also need to have your medical insurance card, or copy of that in our possession.
Please note- we are 40 miles from the nearest hospital.
Mail delivery/ Additional Information:
Our address is:
HC3 Box 121 B
16685 BIA RT 8
Gettysburg, SD 57442
Mail that is no bigger than a legal sized envelope can be sent to this address. However, if you have something larger than that to send to your student, please send it ONLY via UPS or FedEx.
Please make internship checks/deposits payable to The DX Ranch; if you need to /want to pay via PayPal, please email me so I can send an invoice: email@example.com
Our home telephone number is 605.733.2468
The only cellular service is provided by AT&T or Verizon. Verizon is much more reliable here than AT&T.
You are in a dormitory style bunkhouse.
The house is equipped with the following:
- Laundry facility
- TV/DVD player
- Bunkhouses are equipped with a full kitchen (save for an oven), bathroom, living area with TV, and sleeping loft.
- You are provided lunch daily, breakfast is on you. Supper will be held in the main house one/two nights a week. Otherwise, we need grocery lists from you! You are provided with fresh eggs and all the beef you can eat.