EPICS V4 Telecon, 14 July 2015

Agenda:

1. Dave’s pvData API amendment proposal [1] [2] [4]

2. Greg’s initial dbGroup requirements [3]

Minutes:

Present: MD, DH, BD, AJ

Chair: GW

Scribe:BD

[0] http://epics-pvdata.sourceforge.net/home.html#usefulinfo

[1] https://sourceforge.net/p/epics-pvdata/mailman/epics-pvdata-devel/thread/5B7A62384C1DF4489186ABF43720BAD282459E07%40EXCHMBX03.fed.cclrc.ac.uk/#msg34291089

[2] https://github.com/epics-base/pvDataCPP/pull/7#issuecomment-121008915

[3] https://sourceforge.net/p/epics-pvdata/mailman/epics-pvdata-devel/thread/ED8A94D9-7072-4930-AC81-3BF6DAC9B940%40slac.stanford.edu/#msg34282310

[4] https://docs.google.com/document/d/1uxtC5nDQbPJAOrkNtw4xLXOER9wJnf5rSILX1AstCtY/edit

NEW TOPIC: PV Data API from David

- Pull request:

https://github.com/epics-base/pvDataCPP/pull/7

        error reporting made more consistent and clear

Andrew proposes that a better error exception message hierarchy be developed….

Resolution:         changes accepted as modified by David

AI: David will complete the merge

NEW TOPIC [added]: Proposal for gateway.

BD: Asks MD whether 3-4 weeks is reasonable to prepare proposal for pv gateway.

AJ: has that been discussed with RL? RL knows the ins and outs.

BD: Not yet.

BD: So preparers will be MD, RL, BD, MS.

NEW TOPIC: Greg’s initial dbGroup requirements [3]

GW: return a set of variables as an NTType, XML configuration being suggested or putting the syntax in the request. Being able to preconfigure or add it to the request is what is desired.

AI: Michael Davidsaver and Matej Sekoranja to prepare the pvGateway specification (to be completed in 4 weeks)

AI: Michael Davidsaver to prepare the dbGroup specification (to be completed in 4 weeks)

Meeting ends, 8:43 AM PST