Note: shorter-length bios appear lower on this page
Full Bio (<1 page)
Paul G. Silva - A lifelong entrepreneur and educator passionate about helping people & teams create economic prosperity through innovation. Through his career he has had the privilege and joy to inspire thousands of people to innovate, help hundreds of startups launch, and see those startups create a tenfold increase in local startup activity.
Currently Paul Leads:
- Launch413 (www.launch413.com): a new kind of venture fund investing in seed & pre-seed entrepreneurs so they achieve scale, speed, and success.
- Lean Innovation Institute (www.UnrestrictedRevenue.com): where he teaches companies and organizations how to leverage the genius of their employees to find, vet, and develop new revenue-generating opportunities to diversify their income or increase their competitive advantage.
- River Valley Investors (RVI) angel investor network of Springfield, MA (www.RiverValleyInvestors.com) where accredited investors collaborate to find, vet, and invest in exciting private companies. The group is proud to be recognized by many entrepreneurs as one of the most respectful and efficient they have worked with. On behalf of RVI paul leads the selection committee for the Angel Capital Association’s northeast regional syndication summits. These events bring together the 20+ angel groups of the Northeast to syndicate their most exciting investments. Paul leads the twice-yearly selection process to identify the best angel-backed companies to present at the summits.
In 2011 Paul co-founded and led Valley Venture Mentors (www.valleyventurementors.org), a nonprofit dedicated to catalyzing an entrepreneurial renaissance in Western Massachusetts. Paul and his co-founders are proud that the organization is now recognized as one of the world’s best startup accelerators by the Global Accelerator Network (http://gan.co). In 2016 Paul recruited a CEO to take over leadership of the organization.
- Served as president of Click Workspace (www.clickworkspace.org), the largest coworking facility in Hampshire County, Massachusetts.
- Founded Lean Launchpad: Pioneer Valley, a startup training company where Paul developed the curriculum that became the foundation of Valley Venture Mentors’ globally-recognized programming.
- Served on the board of directors of of the Angel Capital Association (www.angelcapitalassociation.org), the trade association of professional angel investors. There he spearheaded the creation of sector-based syndication networks, allowing geographically dispersed angel groups with similar sector interests to effectively co-invest for the first time.
- Co-founded and lead the UMass Amherst Entrepreneurship Initiative and grew it to a program with 400 students a year managed by a 100% volunteer team. The Initiative went on to become the Berthiaume Center for Entrepreneurship (https://www.isenberg.umass.edu/centers/berthiaume-center-for-entrepreneurship).
- In 2000 Paul started his entrepreneurial journey when he co-founded All inPlay, an internet company that helped the blind socialize with their fully sighted friends and families as equals. The company touched the lives of thousands of blind and visually impaired people around the world and was purchased in 2011.
- While attending university Paul co-founded the local Chapter of the Society of Physics Students and was awarded the University of Massachusetts Amherst’s Excellence in Service and Alumni Leadership awards.
Short Bio (<100 words)
Paul G. Silva
- Launch413 (launch413.com): Gets entrepreneurs from launch to their first $10 million in revenue.
- River Valley Investors (rivervalleyinvestors.com): Connects seed & early stage startups to Western Massachusetts’s angel investors.
- Lean Innovation Institute (UnrestrictedRevenue.com): Helps mature organizations discover new, unrestricted revenue.
- Co-founded Valley Venture Mentors (www.valleyventurementors.org): one of the top 100 accelerators in the world.
- Board member of the Angel Capital Association.
- Co-founded All inPlay, an internet company that helped the blind socialize with their fully sighted friends and families as equals.
Tweet-Length Bio (<=140 characters)
Paul advises startups & angel investors, trains mature organizations to innovate, and co-founded a globally-recognized startup accelerator.
Paul Silva: angel investor group leader | startup advisor | innovation accelerator