Project Growing Hope
Project Growing Hope, Inc. is formed exclusively for scientific, charitable, and educational purposes . . . [which] include:
- To promote community self-sufficiency in the area of food production by providing garden sites, expertise, tools, and any other goods and services necessary to the local production and distribution of food.
- To increase community self-reliance by strengthening the capacity of community members, particularly the economically disadvantaged, to organize and carry through projects devoted to food production and distribution or other projects that assist in self-sufficiency.
- To encourage cooperation within the Ithaca community in order to prevent neighborhood deterioration and to promote the preservation of green spaces throughout the city.
- To assist existing agencies that provide educational services in gardening, community organizing, local self-reliance, and other related areas.
- To serve as a model and a resource for other community groups interested in either starting or expanding programs similar to the programs of Project Growing Hope, Inc.
- To generally further community self-sufficiency and cooperation.
Excerpt from Project Growing Hope’s Certificate of Incorporation