Twitter - @MrLeeTeaches
EdTech Blog - MrLeeTeaches.com
YouTube - https://goo.gl/6gLHx3
A creative and self-motivated Technology Integration Specialist with a passion for helping our teachers, students, parents and community gain the skills they will use throughout school, college and careers.
- To provide professional development and technical support to the staff at my three schools, our district, as well, as other schools, using Google for Education tools and Chromebooks.
- To excite and inspire teachers, students, and community to become lifelong learners.
7-12 Highly Qualified: Science & Ag Education; Google for Education Trainer; Google Educator; Gifted and Talented Endorsed
Google Apps For Education Background
Current: Technology Integration Specialist for Anderson 5 Career Campus, Anderson 5 Charter School, and the Anderson 5 Bridge Academy,
Anderson School District 5 , Anderson, SC
Instructional Technology Support
- Voted 2016 and 2017 Instructional Support Staff Employee of the Year by teachers
- Meet with individuals departments and PLC groups to work on team goals.
- Led sessions on Google Apps and Extensions as well as Project Based Learning in the Digital Classroom at the Anderson 5 Google Symposium, Anderson, SC, June 2015, 2016, 2017.
- Available to all three schools to come into the classroom to lead/assist with instruction in their classrooms or to work with teachers on developing lesson plans that merge technology.
- Assisted the Technology Integration Specialist at Westside High School during the 2014-2015 school year with all duties including initial 1-to-1 Chromebook rollout for district high schools.
- Provide training and support on a daily basis. In addition to providing support and training to faculty, students, and administration and parents, I am also involved in the culture of our district.
District Professional Development
- Presented 3 sessions at Upstate Tech Conference 2017
- Presented 3 sessions at Anderson 5 E2 Conference 2017
- Assisted in creatioin of theDistrict Student e-Portfolio project
- In 2014, I assisted in our districts 1:1 Chromebook and GAFE roll out to the high schools.
- Assist with development and implementation of High School teacher technology training for the district.
- Served on district Tech Talks Committee with meetings monthly to update the technology curriculum, technology plan, as well as acceptable use policy, Chromebook policy, etc.
- Lead Virtual and Augmented Reality in the Classroom sessions; A5 District’s Summer Institute training, Summer 2016
- Lead professional development at the District Monthly School Professional Development meetings, Fall 2015.
- Led Google Classroom 45 min session at SC Business Educators Assoc. State Conference, Feb 2016
- Led Workshop on Google Apps and Extensions at SC Business Educators Assoc. State Conference, Feb 2016
- Was the only District Google Trainer leading sessions at A5 Google Symposium summer 2015.
- Have submitted Proposal for ISTE conference June 2018
- Serve on district technology committee and also district professional learning community.
- Represent Anderson 5 Career Campus at various workshops and seminars.
- Knowledgeable in many other OS, software, and apps (Goverlan, PhotoShop, Microsoft Office, etc.).
Miscellaneous Technology Support
- Co-wrote online curriculum for Mississippi State University School of Human Resources, 2010.
- Created and maintained Ed Tech Blog once I saw the need for a District specific resource for teachers.
- Develop and lead training for community stakeholders in our district.
- Teach students various programs and apps; work one-on-one with students to complete projects.
- Write training modules and maintain a digital professional development library as it relates to technology, including Ed Tech Blog, YouTube Channel and shared tutorials via District Google Drive folders.
- Edit/update school websites.
- Co-authored the districts e-Portfolio for High Schools inititative
- Assisted with plans to bring networking, security and computer science CATE pathways to the district.
- Write and distribute several district-wide forms using GSuite (i.e., disciplinary referrals,Parent Contact, Tutor Center log, etc.).
- Attend and present/train durring summer orientation for new staff
- Lead projects to live stream special events around the district using Hangouts on Air/Youtube Live
- Was the Go-To teacher during Chromebook rollout when troubleshooting issues with Google Dashboard as well as network/Third Party Vendor compatibility issues
Relevant Extracurricular Activities In-District
- Create videos and podcasts for district use in teacher training
- Present at new teacher training as well as summer training sessions for the district
- Help with Summer School sessions
- Lead after school tutoring program for High Schools.
- Mentor several seniors each year on senior projects.
- Assist District IT staff with tasks during summer breaks (off contract days).
- Tutor one-on-one.
- School public relations duties.
- Served on Administrative Team for Career Center as well as Advisory Board