Minutes Board Meeting Opendata.ch: October 6, 2015
Participants: Hannes, Oleg, Andreas, Antoine, Friede, Christian, Muriel (for 30 Minutes only); André (only listening)
Absent: Giorgio, Yann, Matthias
Minutes are taken collaboratively
Approval of Minutes of the Board Meeting on September 1st, 2015
Exchange of information
- Meeting with FC Alain Berset 15th October (Hannes will inform)
- Status Swiss Data Innovation Lab DILAB (dito)
- Alexandra Stark is requesting us for a presentation about “Open Data” at “Institut für Politikwissenschaft der Universität Zürich im Rahmen des Studienschwerpunkts Politischer Datenjournalismus”
- Update on the productive portal of Swiss open government data ("opendata.swiss")
- Features of Release v1.0 (to be released by end of 2015)
- Action items for all potential data publishers: http://ogdch.github.io
- Action item for all open data supporters: spread the word about http://ogdch.github.io
- Working Group “Legal”: Michal Cichocki not available
- No legal WG at this time. Christian etc. come to an agreement with regards to the next steps (-> de:sprechen sich ab für nächste Schritte, inkl. Feedback zu den Legal Icons im opendata.swiss.)
- Shall we be active or passive?
- Andreas: Create the process acitvely
- DAALA: next meeting 8.10., c/o Zeiter, Turbinenstrasse 60, 9. Etage, 8005 Zürich (“Digital Analytics Association”; LA = don’t know what this means, though)
- Check for a date with Barnaby
- See below (Opendata.ch/2016 & Refugee Crisis Hackday)
Formal vote on Friedemann as a designed board member
The members present to not constitute the necessary quorum for a vote. The members who participate to this board meeting decide as follows:
- we work with Friede on the basis as if he were a formally elected board member.
- we will list Friede as a designated board member of Opendata.ch association.
We note that the board members who are present fully and unanimously support to work with Friede on that basis. The board will suggest Friede as a candidate for board membership during the next members association of Opendata.ch. Welcome home, Friede!
Planning of Opendata.ch/2016 (Muriel)
- Date: 14th of June
- Location: Casino de Montbenon in Lausanne
- Organizational Committee: Yann, Antoine, André, Hannes, Muriel
- First announcement to be sent on all channels by October 9
- Build local partnerships by direct contacts or sending letters to selected members of local and cantonal government, public institutions (as Uni Lausanne, EPFL etc.) and economic and civil society associations to get them as partners on board for Opendata.ch/2016
-> Next Call needs to be setup
Refugee Crisis Hackathon (Hannes, Muriel)
- Goal: Foster the dialogue and challenge hackers to come up with tools which enable “online asylum applications” in Switzerland
- Date: November 6-7, 2015
- Location: Geneva (preferably at the offices of UNHCR)
- Team: Daniel Graf (gamechanger.ch), Frederic Jacobs (tech genius), Muriel (Opendata.ch) with Hannes as facilitator
- Input Antoine: work strongly with OKFN!
GLAM Working Group’s Open Cultural Data Hackathon
Extend Muriel’s contract for 2016 (Muriel)
Muriel would like to ask the board of Opendata.ch to extend her contract (with Wikimedia CH, 20%, 30 days period of cancellation) for the period of 12 months, e.g. until December 31, 2016. Please note that the ongoing contract is ending on December 31, 2015.