#173 - Into the Nexus: “Zerg Russian”
• Garrett • Kyle • DunkTrain
Our Patrons support Into the Nexus at Patreon.com/ITN. If you enjoy the show consider supporting it with 25 cents, a dollar, or however you would like! We thank all our Patrons for their support!
Intro: Welcome to Into the Nexus! The Heroes of the Storm podcast!
- Finally started my placements after traveling and slacking. Opened 0-4. Up 4 now, so broke even so far. Lost to Raynor comps twice.
- Why is everyone taking Azmodan? And not on Hanamura?
- Stitches everywhere. It’s not working.
- Tassadar draft rage.
- Last week I got to play TL with Masters and Grandmasters. I have learned how under aggressive I am
- Simple stuff like not running out to the side until the Living Bomb actually goes off.
- Tank seems the right place to learn to be re-aggressive.
- Trying to get back into Diablo.
- Learning Cocoon on Anub’arak
- There is a lot of HGC parroting going on, particularly in the emotional reactions to hero picks.
- Confusing things:
- Who is sustain and who is burst. People seem to be pretty passionate about this
- Religiousness of always taking the bottom fort first for maximum value.
- Why does uther “ruin their (the enemy's) entire draft” as a first pick in Hero League.
Reminder, you can go to ITNcast.reddit.com to submit stories or upvote submissions for the next episode.
Stukov First Impressions
- Activate to detonate all of Stukov's Viruses. Each Healing Pathogen heals its target, and each Weighted Pustule does damage and Slows its target by 70% for 2 seconds. Can be cast while Channeling Lurking Arm.
- Currently broken! All Stukov’s are currently healing for 50% more as though they completed their level 4 quest:
- Quest: Detonate 50 Healing Pathogens with Bio-Kill Switch.
- Reward: Increase Bio-Kill Switch's healing by 50%.
- Infest an allied Hero with a Healing Pathogen that heals the target for 240 Health over 4.5 seconds. Healing Pathogens can spread to a nearby allied Hero every 0.75 seconds, and a single Healing Pathogen can spread to each allied Hero 1 time.
- Hurl a pustule that impacts all enemy Heroes in its path, dealing damage and Slowing by 5%, increasing to 50% over 3 seconds. Deals additional damage upon expiring or being removed.
- Channel at a target location, creating an area that Silences enemies inside and deals 144 damage per second to them. Deals 50% reduced damage to non-Heroes.Does not cost Mana while Channeling, and lasts until canceled or interrupted.
- So oppressive!
- Swipe 3 times in front of Stukov over 1.75 seconds, dealing damage to enemies hit and knocking them away. Each swipe is larger than the previous.
- Extend Stukov's arm. If it hits an enemy Hero, they are rapidly shoved until they collide with terrain, taking damage. Stukov gains 50 Armor while shoving an enemy.
- Seems like most talents are based around Weighted Pustule.
- Huge auto attack from level 1.
- Basic Attacks become ranged and Slow enemies by 20% for 1 second, but deal 50% less damage.
- Healing Pathogen grants 50 Physical Armor to its initial target while active on them.
- Healing Pathogen can continually spread through Stukov, but its healing is reduced by 60%.
- Increase the final damage of Weighted Pustule by 50%. Additionally, detonating a Weighted Pustule with Bio-Kill Switch Blinds the target for 3 seconds.
- Flailing Swipe's Mana cost is reduced from 100 to 50 and it gains 2 additional charges, but each use only swings 1 time, at maximum range.
- Massive Shove travels 25% faster. If Massive Shove pushes a target for more than 1.5 seconds, its cooldown is reduced by 15 seconds.
- [Trait] Bio-Explosion Switch
- Bio-Kill Switch now also detonates Lurking Arm, applying a Weighted Pustule to enemy Heroes inside and Silencing them for 2 seconds.
- Core Life increased from 7 to 8
- Sapper Minions will no longer spawn for the enemy team after a Keep is destroyed
- Map Objective:
- First Payload spawn time increased by 15 seconds
- Second Payload spawn time increased by 15 seconds
- Payloads now grant 1200 XP upon reaching their destination
- Turret power-up will now prioritize attacking Heroes
- Turret power-up health has been increased by 10%
- Turret power-up now deals double damage to Minions
- Dragon Spirits power-up no longer dismounts enemy Heroes
- Initial Spawn time increased by 15 seconds
- Health total decreased by 10%
- Base attack damage decreased by 12%
- Attack damage scaling reduced by roughly 60%
- Self-heal ability cooldown increased by 2 seconds
- Mana cost reduced from 65 to 55
- Mana cost reduced from 65 to 60
- Now causes all active Skeletons to fixate on the target.
- Added functionality: Basic Attacking a Hero that is slowed, rooted, or stunned reduces the cooldown of Bone Armor by 2 seconds.
- !Quest: Hit enemy Heroes with Spectral Scythe.
- !Reward: After hitting 20 Heroes, reduce the cooldown by 3 seconds.
- Cause 2 Skeletons to spawn when you cast Bone Prison. These do not count toward the maximum limit of Skeletons you can own.
- !Quest: Spawn Skeletal Warriors.
- !Reward: After spawning 80 Skeletons, when Skeletal Warriors fixate on an enemy from Bone Prison they gain 50% Movement and Attack Speed.
- Every time Cursed Strikes damages enemies, reduce its cooldown by .5 seconds, up to 10 seconds.
- Trag’Oul’s Essence (Trait)
- Moved from level 4 to level 7
- Skeleton Basic Attacks restore 1% Health and .4% Mana.
- Previously just 8 Mana. Consolidation with Rathma
- Cursed Strikes heals Xul for 60% of the damage it deals to Heroes.
- Now also increases the duration of Cursed Strikes Attack Speed slow from 2 to 3 seconds.
- Rathma’s Blessing (Trait)
- (New) Echoes of Death (Q)
- After an additional 1.5 seconds, 2 more Spectral Scythes appear next to the first and travel back to Xul dealing 75% damage.
- When Xul damages an enemy with Cursed Strikes, he gains 5% Attack Speed for 3 seconds, up to 75%.
- Moved from level 13 to level 16
- Moved from level 20 to level 16
- Cooldown increased from 10 to 12 seconds.
- (New) Andariel’s Visage (R)
- Xul is healed for 50% of the damage done by Poison Nova. Skeleton Warriors become Poison Skeletons, dealing 50% increased damage.
- Renamed to Cold Hand of Death
- New functionality:
- No longer causes Skeletal Mages to spawn from dead Heroes.
- Now causes Skeletal Warriors to become Frost Skeletons, causing their Basic Attacks to slow enemies by 30%.
- (New) Kalan’s Edict (Trait)
- Every time a Skeleton deals Basic Attack damage, reduce Xul’s Heroic cooldown by 1%.
June 28th Hot Fix - Rapid Fire
- Genji Nerf
- Malthael Nerf
- Thrall Buff
- Brightwing Pixie Dust Change
- Tassadar Nerf?
- Uther Nerf
- Dehaka Nerf
Patreon Mention: Patreon.com/ITN
Thanks to our Patreon producers Declan H, CheezyBob, and Mythdol.
- Christian Wilhelmsson
- Levi Meyers
- Michael Downs
- Erik Wood
- Jackson Stewart
- Stefan Hacker
Garden of Terror
We all hate it. But how do we win? What players need to know to play the “newest” map.
Any theorized win-rate or loss-rate increase for certain heroes based on the rotation?
New Battleground Rotation:
- Cursed Hollow
- Dragon Shire
- Garden of Terror - Added
- Haunted Mines - Added
- Infernal Shrines
- Tomb of the Spider Queen
- Towers of Doom - Added
- Warhead Junction - Added
- Battlefield of Eternity
- Blackheart’s Bay
- Braxis Holdout
- Sky Temple
No Emails This Week
Patreon Shout Out
ITN is supported by our badass Patrons. You can become a ITN Patron by going to Patreon.com/itn.
Thanks to our Patreon producers Declan H, CheezyBob, and Mythdol. ITN coffee mugs and glasses are over at bit.ly/amovestore.
Catch the live show Thursday nights at 8pm Eastern on Twitch.tv/Amovetv. Mobile live stream provided by Alpha Geek Radio. Go to mobile.alphageekradio.com.
Follow the show on Twitter @ITNcast, Facebook.com/Amovetv, And ITNpodcast.reddit.com.
Thanks to Brian Griffith, the musician responsible for our intro music. He can be found at briangriffithmusic.com or @briangriffith on twitter..
Follow Garrett @GarrettArt
NOMOONart.com for Garrett’s stream designs.
The Angry Chicken: A Hearthstone Podcast
The Angry Nerd
Just because we aren’t running ads at the top doesn’t mean these codes are any less awesome!
Our code, ITN, will get you a free 120gb SSD added to your already amazing Doghouse gaming PC.
The same code, ITN, will get you 30% off and free shipping on your entire order of noise-reducing earbuds from Tweaked Audio!