The Official Unified GCC Super Smash Bros. for Wii U Ruleset
- Tardiness will not be accepted. If you are not present for your match 5 minutes after it has been called it will be recorded as an automatic loss. If you do wish to leave the venue, please see one of the tournament organizers before you do so and leave your contact information in case your match has been called. Ultimately, participants are recommended to stay within the venue or nearby.
- The tournament organizer reserves the right to deny entry into the tournament to any player suspected of committing anything considered a crime or acting in a manner that is detrimental to the integrity of the event.
- The TO reserves the right to settle any unforeseen situations that may occur, and his judgment is final. In extreme situations, rules may be altered between phases of a tournament in the best interests of the event.
- Games or sets are not to be replayed due to a misinterpretation of the rules; it is the players’ responsibilities to ask the TO for any clarification of the rule set in the event of a disagreement, and the outcome of a game or set will not be changed after the fact unless under extreme circumstances.
- Any COACHING that happens during the match is restricted. Players who violate this rule will receive a warning and if violated once more will be issued a technical foul. For mid-set coaching, check with the local TO first.
- Hindering a player’s game by slandering as you play them, physical abuse, yelling loudly, etc., can and will result in a technical foul or in extreme cases a disqualification.
- Bring Your Own Controller: Every player is required to bring their own controllers and chargers. Controller-less players whose sets are called will be given a loss.
- Handing your controller over to your teammate in doubles is not allowed.
- Any situation that can arise that is NOT listed, but could be an issue to the staff or the players will be taken care of at the discretion of the tournament organizer(s). You have a right to appeal to the tournament organizer(s) about any minor offense that happens within your played event, however, the tournament organizer(s) is final. Any argument will result in further penalty or possible ejection from the venue depending on the severity of the act.
- Game Mode: Stock & Time
- Stocks: 2 (3 in doubles)
- Timer: 6 minutes (8 in doubles)
- Customization: Off
- Handicap: Off
- Damage Ratio: 100%
- Items: Off
- Pause: Off
- Team Attack: On
- All Characters Available (including DLC)
- Players select their characters, either player may elect to do Double Blind Character Selection.
- Rock-paper-scissors is played to determine who strikes stages first.
- Stages are striked (in the order of W-L-L-W) until 1 stage is left to be played on and the players play the first match of the set.
- Winning player of the preceding match bans 1 stage.
- The losing player is allocated a minute to decide on his chosen stage.
- The winning player may choose to switch characters.
- The losing player may choose to switch characters.
- Next match is played.
- Steps 4 through 8 are repeated until the set is complete.
- Final Destination
- Town & City
- Lylat Cruise
- Omega Wily Castle, Suzaku Castle and Midgar
- Dream Land 64
*Battlefield may be switched with Miiverse if both parties agree to do so.
** These count as alternative stages. If FD is banned, so are omega stages. If BF is banned, so is DL64. (and vice versa) This also applies to MDSR.
- Double Blind Character Selection: Either player may request that a double blind selection occur. In this situation, a 3rd party should be told, in secret, each of player’s choices for the first round. Both players are to then select their first round character, with the 3rd party validating that the character selected is the same as their word.
- Gentleman’s Clause: Any STAGE or CUSTOM MOVE SETS may be played on if both players agree to it. Players may NOT agree to change the number of matches to be played, increase stock count or increase the timer.
- In case of timeout at equal stocks, sudden death is ignored and the player with the less damage wins. If they are equal, a 1 stock, 3 minute rematch determines the winner.
- Suicide Clause: In case a suicide move is used when both players are at one stock, the initiator of the suicide move wins, regardless of the results. Suicide moves are: Kirby and Dedede's Inhale, Ganondorf's Flame Choke, Wario's Chomp.
- Coinciding Death Clause: If the match ends by coinciding deaths by a non-suicide move (eg just falling together, or having Crash Bomber explode during Meta Knight's up throw) a 1 stock, 3 minute rematch determines the winner. If it occurs again and is caused by a move officially not considered a suicide move, the initiator of said move loses. Otherwise, a rematch is played until a TO decision is needed.
- Set Count: Sets are played as a best out of 3 with the exception of Winners Finals, Losers Finals and Grand Finals.
- Modified Dave's Stupid Rule (MDSR): You cannot go to the last stage you won on during the same set. e.g. If you win game 1 on stage X, lose game 2 on your opponent's pick of stage Y, you can't pick stage X again in game 3. You can gentleman to it, however. This ALSO means that your opponent doesn't have to ban stage X since it's already banned by default.
- Mii Fighter Clause: Mii Fighters are only allowed to use "Guest" Miis with any moveset allowed. The EVO standard custom moveset project sets are often available, in addition to 1111. http://smashboards.com/threads/official-custom-moveset-project-summer-2015-edition-evo-sets.395721/
- Game pad is banned.
- Pro Controller Clause: Players opting to play with a Wii U Pro Controller must ensure the removal of its battery and play with a charger cable. The TO has the right to disqualify or issue a warning to the pro controller player if caught disrupting an ongoing set.
- Coaching: Mid-game coaching is a bannable offense. Mid-set coaching may or may not be legal; consult your local TO beforehand.
- Warmups: Warmup periods, button checks, and “handwarmers” may not exceed 30 seconds on the game clock.