Tortellini Caesar Salad
From the Kitchen of: Yolanda Caccamo Quackenbush
* 8 cups of cut up Romaine Lettuce
* 1 package of frozen cheese tortellini
* 1 cup of croutons (I like garlic or Caesar ones)
* About 3 plum tomatoes chopped up or some cherry tomatoes halved
*1/2 cup of Hellmann's Mayo
* Juice from 1/2 a lemon
* 1/4 cup of 2% Milk
* 2 cloves of Fresh Garlic
* 1/3 cup of Grated Parmesan Cheese (the fresh kind, not the one that comes in a jar on a shelf!) (In my picture the cheese is shredded, I have found that using grated is much better!)
* Salt and Pepper to Taste
1st Make the Salad Dressing (If you want, this could be made a few days in advanced as well):
* In a small bowl or a jar, add mayo, milk, and grated cheese.
* Mince garlic and add to mixture
* squeeze half a lemon into mixture (be sure to not get seeds in it)
* Add some black ground pepper to taste and mix with a small whisk or fork. If you are using a jar, just close and shake.
* Cover and place in fridge, until you are ready to serve your salad.
* Cook your tortellini according to package directions
* When done, drain in cold water and set aside
* Cup up your Romaine Lettuce and place in a large salad bowl
* Add your cooled tortellini
* Add your cut up tomatoes or cherry tomato halves
* Pour dressing all over the top and toss until the salad is well coated
* Sprinkle the croutons over the top and enjoy!