CampHERO– Volunteer Job Description – Personnel Director
Title: Personnel Director *Position may be shared
Reports to: Planning Section Chief
Compensation: Unpaid Volunteer
Term & Hours: Pre-camp training, orientations and meetings. During camp times will vary. Post camp meetings and reporting.
Recruit, manage applications, interview and place CampHERO volunteers, according to the position requirements. Coordinate and implement all personnel related proceedings, including scheduling volunteers. Directly supervise the Volunteer Coordinators and Training/Orientation Coordinator. Communicate and coordinate with the Planning Chief.
All Volunteers must:
- Be at least 18 years of age.
- Have a current Volunteer Application on file which includes an annual background check.
- Complete the CampHERO orientation and training appropriate to position.
- Be able to work with people of diverse backgrounds.
- Have strong communication and organizational skills and ability to maintain accurate records.
- Adhere to all policies, standards and procedures for GSUSA, Girl Scouts of Wisconsin-Badgerland Council and CampHERO.
- Fulfill the duties listed in the appropriate volunteer position description.
Examples of Duties and Responsibilities:
- Oversee the recruitment, application process, and placement of volunteers.
- Collect and manage documentation such as applications, background checks, registration forms and certifications.
- Manage personnel schedule and communicate it to appropriate volunteers.
- Manage volunteer access to the Volunteer Portal on the website.
- Collect volunteer photos and bios.
- Supervise and assist the Training/Orientation Coordinator.
- Communicate and coordinate with the Planning Section Chief.
- Work with other volunteer staff.
- Complete other duties as assigned.
Other Job Requirements:
- Must be or become a registered member of GSUSA.
- Valid drivers license.
To apply complete the CampHERO Volunteer Profile and Authorization for Background Check.