Children’s Kiva Montessori School
Elementary/Middle School - Board of Directors Special Meeting
04.25.17 at 2:30 pm – 18 Beech Street Parking Lot
BOD Approved on 05.22.17
- Call to Order: Nate called the meeting to order at 2:33 pm.
- Roll Call: Nate Seeley, President; Julie Suckla, Vice President; Tamia Hurst, Secretary; Kathy Clark, Member; Stacey Weyand, Member
Absent from BOD: Chad Fish, Treasurer; Kelli Jackson, Member
Community Members: None
- Vision – Children’s Kiva Montessori School will provide a vibrant and engaging learning environment based on the teachings of Dr. Maria Montessori that supports all students’ academic excellence and ability to become empowered, creative, lifelong learners responsible for themselves, their community, and their environment.
Mission - Children’s Kiva Montessori School uses authentic Montessori Methods, Community-Based educational approaches, and integrated academics (STEAM) to support student academic success, responsibility, and independence.
- BOD President - Nate
- Update on Building and Location - Nate and Stacey
- Mitchell continues to work with us on the 2306 and 2310 E Empire buildings. He understands that this process may take some time.
- Mitchell is open to discussing potential space at “Antonio's”.
- Discussion regarding the need and feasibility of a consultant.
- Stacey moved to approve that the E/M S BOD investigate and solicit bids from consultants to advise us on financing and constructing a location and space for our school. Motioned seconded. No further discussion. All approved. Motion carried.
- New Business
- Tamia: ask Susan to email out the ‘Update from the E/M S Board on Building and Location Status’ to everyone. This document was also printed off and sent home with students today.
- Adjournment: Stacey moved to adjourn the meeting, unanimously approved. Motion carried. Meeting adjourned at 2:44 pm.
Prepared by Tamia Hurst, BOD Secretary