CampHERO– Volunteer Job Description – Logistics Section Chief
Title: Logistics Section Chief *Position may be shared
Reports to: Incident Commander
Compensation: Unpaid Volunteer
Term & Hours: Pre-camp training, orientations and meetings. Camp dates and times will vary, available 24/7. Overnight stay not required. Post camp meetings and reporting.
Coordinate and direct CampHERO work related to facilities, transportation, equipment/supplies and food service. Directly supervise Directors of those areas. Communicate and coordinate with the Incident Commander. Commitment: Pre-camp training/orientation and meetings.
All Volunteers must:
- Be at least 18 years of age.
- Have a current Volunteer Application on file which includes an annual background check.
- Complete the CampHERO orientation and training appropriate to position.
- Be able to work with people of diverse backgrounds.
- Have strong communication and organizational skills and ability to maintain accurate records.
- Adhere to all policies, standards and procedures for GSUSA, Girl Scouts of Wisconsin-Badgerland Council and CampHERO.
- Fulfill the duties listed in the appropriate volunteer position description.
Examples of Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage Logistics Section budget.
- Manage Logistics Section scheduling.
- Supervise, direct and assist the Facilities Director, Transportation Director, Equipment/Supplies Director and Food Services Director.
- Communicate with Incident Commander and attend daily command staff briefing.
- Coordinate pre and post-camp section meetings as necessary.
- Work with other volunteer staff.
- Complete other duties as assigned.
Other Job Requirements:
- Be or become a registered member of the Girl Scouts of the USA.
- Current valid driver’s license.
To apply complete the CampHERO Volunteer Profile and Authorization for Background Check.