Office Opening/Closing Procedures
10820 Comanche Road NE, Suite A
**Office keys are assigned by the executive director**
R1 - Outer lobby doors
A5 - Front and back (panic bar doors) of Suite A
A3 - X-ray room of Suite A where alarm is armed and disarmed. Also opens storage room across hall from x-ray room.
A4 - IT room
- Upon entering the building (Key R1), disarm the alarm if necessary.
- Using key A3, first unlock the door to x-ray room so that the alarm to the suite can be disarmed. Enter through x-ray room to suite.
- Close the x-ray room door. Staff should not use this door during the day.
- Turn on the lights at the receptionist’s desk. Lights are located directly at your left as you enter behind the desk.
- If you do not have key A5, you will need to retrieve that key from the front office. The keys are stored in a drawer on a balloon fiesta lanyard. Use key A5 to open the front door of the suite so that you are ready for business and staff may begin to enter.
- The other lights in the suite can be turned on as needed as staff arrives.
- Using key A4, sign out computers to staff as they arrive.
- Remember to clock in as well as sign in on paper copy.
- Mark your appropriate box on the IN/OUT board.
- Move the heat or air conditioning settings on both thermostats to 70 degrees
- Make coffee.
- At the end of the work day, ensure that the coffee pot is turned off, unplugged and emptied.
- Turn the heat down to 65 or the AC off, whichever is applicable.
- Make sure the back door (panic bar door) to the suite is closed and locked. If it is not locked, use key A5 to lock it.
- Using key A5, lock the front door (panic bar door) to the suite.
- Ensure that all computers are put away and logged in.
- Close and lock the IT room door.
- Make sure the candle warmer in the bathroom is off.
- Clock out, sign out on paper copy and adjust the IN/OUT board.
- Turn out all lights.
- Exit through x-ray room after setting alarm. Make sure push button lock is engaged on x-ray room door.
- Check with the two dentist offices down the hall. If need be, lock the door on their end of the lobby. Make sure with them that it is ok for you to set the alarm before you leave or if they will set the alarm.
- Arm the alarm if necessary.
- Lock the lobby door using key R1 before you leave.
2/16/2017- version 1