Davis Aquatic Masters
Board Meeting – May 7, 2014
Meeting was called to order at 6:30 p.m. in the Brady Building at Civic Pool. Quorum was established.
Ann Willis, President
Byron Philleo, Treasurer
Dan Sperka, Secretary
Ken Petruzzelli, Member at Large
Jonathon Howard, Member at Large
Erica Fleishman, Member at Large
Stu Kahn, Head Coach
Valerie Greenough, Financial Director
Alan Crow, Financial Director
Trish Price, Berryessa Race Director
Karen Charney, Vice President
Approval of Minutes from April meeting
- Motion: Approve minutes as amended
- Vote: Unanimously approved
- Resolved: Minutes of April 7, 2014 meeting are approved and entered into records.
There was no member input.
Finance Director Report(Alan)
- All is well. Total funds $180,900.
- Erica and Alan are close to reconciling financial records with member lists
- Dan and Erica will work on modifying the Club Assistant program categories to better match our member “status”.
Head Coach Report(Stu)
- DAM is a sleeping giant! DAM took 77 swimmers to Santa Clara USMS Nationals and took 3rd place in “Local Club” division.
- DAM is back.
Berryessa Update (Trish)
- Initial impression of site is very good. Lots of space for parking.
- Course design is underway
- USA Swimming Sanction is still in process. Looks like it will be last minute.
Not all committees will have a report each month.
- WePay account access changed. We needed to use the services of a third party vendor that provides the buttons and software for web access to the credit card payment services.
- Committee is exploring sponsorships and other fundraising opportunities.
- Next step - integrate new ideas into website
- Motion: DAM should offer a “summer special”, dues for new members $31/mo for June, July, August.
- Vote: unanimously approved
- Resolved: Summer special is on! New members pay $31/mo for June, July, August 2014.
- 40th Anniversary(Stu, Byron)
- Sales up and running, 33 sold thus far. We need to pay 75% of catering bill by July 7.
- No pool fee increase this year, but ...
- Election June 3! Vote is to increase sales tax. Parcel tax discussion starts in city council after election for the Nov ballot. The parcel tax is likely more important for the 50m pool.
Swimmer of the Month
Joan Crow - member extraordinaire!
- Next meeting, Wed, June 11, 2014