Please note that all submissions are electronic. As such, applicants are not required to submit all materials at once. Please return to this webpage to update your responses to the application form and to upload additional attachments in order to submit a complete application.
• String Quartet, Piano Trio or Voice
• Age range: 20-35 years
• Residence in the United States; citizenship not required.
• Ensembles must demonstrate they have been together for at least one year.
Timeline for selection process (subject to change):
• August 21, 2017: Applications are due
• September 25, 2017: Finalists announced on or about this date
• October 9, 2017: Programs for auditions due
• October 16, 2017: Auditions, 12:00 to 4:30 PM, Yamaha Artist Services NYC
The Pro Musicis International Award:
• Membership in the family of Pro Musicis International Award winners
• New York City debut concert in Weill Hall at Carnegie Hall
• Additional performance opportunities in association with Yamaha Artist Services New York
• Grant in $2,000 – $4,000 range for social outreach project, plus mentoring services
• State of the art recording opportunity with Yamaha Artist Services New York
• Six hours of professional consultation (career development, media relations, and/or artist management)
• Completed application (below)
• Application fee of $75
*Either mail a check payable to Pro Musicis at Pro Musicis, 37 West 57 St., 3rd Floor, New York, NY 10019 or email email@example.com requesting notification when electronic payment via PayPal is restored on website (currently under construction).*
• Video, 45-50 minutes of live performance (can be compiled from several live performances) *One YouTube or Vimeo link preferred*
• Current Curriculum Vitae (for each ensemble member, if applicable)
• Professional biography (any length)
• Two letters of recommendation (from professionals in music)
• Video Interview (5 minutes)
*One YouTube or Vimeo link preferred*
Responding to 4 of the following 7 questions:
• Proposal for a community service project
A two-page proposal for a community service project, either one that you have begun already and wish to enhance, or one that you would like to initiate. The project should be created for the betterment of others.
Keep in mind the Pro Musicis vision: to demonstrate imaginative ways to “awaken the human spirit.” Please include the following in your proposal:
*Please note: Applicants are not required to submit all materials at once. Please return to this webpage to update your responses to the application form, and to upload additional attachments in order to submit a complete application.*
1. Please fill out the application form.
2. For submission of each file, send an email with subject line “Pro Musicis 2017 Application” to 2017_Pr.firstname.lastname@example.org. Upload all attachments individually.
*Note: You are not required to upload all materials in one sitting. Send as many emails as necessary to the above email address to upload additional application files. For video links, please create a document with a link directing to the YouTube video.*
Please use the following naming convention:
3. Please request that individuals drafting letters of recommendation send the letter directly to Kate Lochner, Pro Musicis Assistant, at the following email address: email@example.com. The file name should contain the applicant’s name (ex. – “John Smith letter of rec”).
If you have any questions about the application process, please email John Haag at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Finalists, announced on or about September 25, 2017, are to submit a 20 minute program of their choice by October 9, 2017. Finalists are encouraged but not required to include a work written in the last 25 years. Auditions will last approximately 30 minutes, including 20 minutes of performance and approximately 10 minutes of dialogue with the jury about the finalist’s goals and community service project.
Pro Musicis promotes the social impact of visionary concert artists who awaken the human spirit wherever they perform.
Pro Musicis envisions a world where music transforms society.
• Music is vital for the well being of all.
• The spiritual message of music must be at the heart of all we do.
• The greatest joy in life is the one derived from giving joy to others.